Random Thoughts

blew blue

2 Likes

I blue myself.

9 Likes

sounds like you’ve made a huge mistake.

(also, RN)

3 Likes

I have been enjoying Celebrity Jeopardy on Sundays.

The questions are easier for the celebrities, because, you know, celebrities are not as smart as average regular people, let alone the average Jeopardy contestant.

Yesterday’s Final Jeopardy question had the category: Brands.

Not even the whole question, but just a few words from the question were “plastic, connecting, bricks” What could the answer be?

Only 1 guy got it right.

Gosh, there are a gazillion knockoffs, so the list is probably pretty long unless the answer gave some clue that they were going for the original. Or if not, which of the knockoffs they meant.

Here’s a hint: the answer gave some clue that they were going for the original

The two who did not get the correct question both gave no attempt whatsoever.

1 Like

I was going to ask if they put Legos instead of Lego

5 Likes

That one on the bottom center would have made a good zoom background for Stranger Things Day last Sunday

Duplo!

no, waitaminit, K’Nex!

no, no, no, Construx!

nailed it

Mega blocks are trash.

Listening to classical and hear a strain vaguely reminiscent of Eleanor Rigby. Naw, just a coincidence. Then unmistakable Yesterday. What the? It’s the Beatles Concerto by John Rutter. How did I not know of this piece before today?

in related news, the local college radio station played Eleanor Rigby followed by Evenflow this morning.

Damn, I love that station.

2 Likes

If you had told me, back when I was a kid, that one day I would play a game chess against someone from Egypt :egypt: I wouldn’t be able to comprehend how that could happen without a great amount of travel by at least one of us.

The internet is awesome.

3 Likes

I intended to type “ran” to find this thread but typed “tan” for which predictive text suggested “tanget”, and then I wondered if a Tangent Thoughts thread would be a good idea.

1 Like

Every time I go into the garage I’m surprised to not see my car there. (It’s in the shop.)

1 Like

Tandem thoughts . . . hrmmmm . . .

Every time I go into the garage I’m surprised to see JFG’s car there.

How he got into my pajamas I’ll never know.

1 Like

Cross post to insignificant signals thread?

1 Like

does his car in your garage make you grouchy? I mean groucho?