Random Thoughts

I searched condoms on the Target app. The “customer’s ultimately bought” section was interesting, almost all grocery items with a few kinds of baby wipes way down the list. It made me wonder if people are choosing food over condoms due to inflation or if shoppers ultimately decide making a cheeseburger is more appealing that sex.

I’m trying to think if a GoA blood donation challenge would get anyone to donate who wouldn’t normally, and if so, what that challenge would be.

I’m scheduled to donate on Friday.

1 Like

Maybe. I’ve been bad about donating since I’m no longer in an office with numerous on-site blood drives throughout the year.

I’m donating a week from today!

1 Like

I’m currently donating platelets about every 2 or 3 weeks. I’ll be scheduling an appointment for sometime next week soon.

Haven’t donated in years. Benign (but burdonsome) liver condition and sensitivity to being dehydrated. I assume it would kick my ass for a day.

Ooh, maybe I shouldn’t donate until I get this liver thing figured out. Still waiting on my appointment.

I generally donate plasma, but that takes longer than a whole blood donation.

I did get deferred a couple months ago for low iron, so I’ve not been doing the plasma donations as frequently. I’m just tired and need to rest.

I sound nasally.

I just realized I don’t have to cook dinner tonight. I probably will cook something for myself tho.

I wonder what results of the underwear hygiene thread would be if the poll was redone now.

Just did my ratemaking work and then got some Chinese. My fortune said,
“The loss which is unknown is no loss at all.”
Guess I’ve been unnecessarily inflating things.

4 Likes

set all your ibnr to 0

1 Like

I’m at a conference. It appears that 80% of my company owns an Apple Watch.

1 Like

:ifyh:

1 Like

My wife and I both randomly ran into Charles Barkley separately this week. Both times were in the same grocery store near my house, but a few days apart.

2 Likes

He is one of the only celebrities I’ve ever run into and recognized!

was he smaller or larger than u expected?

He was the size I expected.

Reminds me of a couple other NBA encounters. I’ve run into Dr J a couple of times. He lived in Atlanta at the time, and I think still does. One time I was in the airport and he was a couple people behind us on the escalator. I told my wife: “hey that’s Dr J”. She said no, he looks too short. It was just a matter of perspective though given he was lower than us. As soon as we got off the escalator my wife realized he was very tall.

Similar situation: saw former Hawk Steve Smith recently at a soccer match. He was sitting down checking out the game, and I told my friend that Smitty was over there. He also doubted it, thinking he looked too short. I told him to wait until he stood up, and then my friend agreed with me when he saw his height.

1 Like

My employer bought some nice somadomes for a new meditation room. I reserved one today and it’s quite nice. I hope it relaxes me as it claims it will.

1 Like