Random Thoughts

Microwaved. One of those frozen pouches. It has a butter sauce.

The microwave seems like it would be the worst possible way to cook Brussels sprouts.

5 Likes

Ever tried roasting them? Until the outside is almost carmelized? I toss them in olive oil and roast for 20-30 minutes, then sprinkle Parmesan cheese and drizzle some balsamic vinegar on them. Very good. Makes the whole house stink though. Not as bad as microwaved, imo.

1 Like

It was a ā€œI should eat something but donā€™t feel like anythingā€ dinner of microwaved Brussel sprouts, a Reeseā€™s peanut butter cup, and vodka. Clearly winning at adulting. :-1:

5 Likes

Theyā€™re not bad:

Maybe I should make brownies to cover up the Brussel sprouts smell.

3 Likes

I poured another drink to finish the bottle. Follow me for more housecleaning tips.

7 Likes

I have pre-pandemic gum in my cabinet.

Box brownies are awesome. Few ingredients to add, no mixer needed, it all gets dumped into a pan.

1 Like

Are you the responsible adult at home? Is JFGW at work?

@Echo: Mebbe you better keep an eye on Daddyā€¦

Whoever said that you shouldnā€™t make brownies in a glass pan must not have a counter surfing dog because glass pans are the best to foil that, since it comes with a lid.

Iā€™m the captain of my own ship rn.

The dog is supervising the inside of her eyelids.

Despite my car being set to English, it displayed everything in German briefly tonight.

1 Like

IFYP

Is that your fun way of referring to one of those rare events when, once or twice a year, English & German briefly coincide?

We donā€™t talk enough about personal disappointments. I donā€™t think most people even know how to talk about them. Not getting in, not having it work out, not going as hoped.

2 Likes

Wanna go outside???

Are you hungry???

Wanna go for a walk???

The only one I ever get push back on is outside. She says no by turning around and walking a few steps away from me before turning right back around and bugging me again. Then I know itā€™s play or walk time.

Nope. It was displaying things in German. I went to the ā€˜settingsā€™ menu, to ā€˜language,ā€™ and it was set to English. Uhhhhh, ok. I clicked the ā€˜backā€™ button and it snapped back to normal.

Questions like:
Are you a good girl?
Do you have black fur?
Is your nose wet?
Do you like belly rubs?
Who knows how to sit?

Food, play, and outside need no invitation.

1 Like

Lids. Theyā€™re good for some things, bad for others.:dog:

1 Like