Random questions

I used to joke that I was having my 5th annual 29th birthday party, or whatever number was appropriate. But I stopped because people couldn’t figure out how old I was. No, not 34 (or worse, 35) … only 33. My actual 29th birthday was the first, then my 30th birthday was the second…

But I got tired of people doing the math wrong and thinking I was older than I was so I gave up.

Shoulda phrased it as the 5th anniversary of my 29th (for 34).

Obv you were 29! Some people just don’t get it…

Mr aj claimed to bc “pushing 40” just after he turned 30. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m pushing 40, I just don’t say from which direction

4 Likes

Gotta say, I did not expect the “both” answer. I do like optionality though. I mean, my friend does.

Did old time typed memos have a closing on them like sincerely, regards, best (:face_vomiting:), etc like you’re supposed to do with emails?

I know dogs dream, but do they have dreams they remember?

1 Like

I had a dream where I went into the backyard, gave a power bark and all the squirrels died. Then JFG played throw ball before he gave me lots of chicken. Then alpha came out and she planted flowers in all the holes I dig for her. She was thankful. :dog:

4 Likes

And do they dream in color?

and do they dream in red?

do they lie and say they’re in love with him?

2 Likes

Why does my dog follow me around everywhere? Can’t sleep, came downstairs for a snack while my meds kick in, dog drags herself out of her bed to come with me. Husband does the same thing the last two nights and she stays with me in the bed.

1 Like

Memos? No. They usually looked like this:

To: Staff

RE: Computer Resets this weekend

[Body of memo]

cc: Prez
CEO
CFO

My dog does the same thing. I think he’s motivated by hunger, or at least the thought of any morsel of food. he trails us around like we are gonna drop a pork chop or something. Especially if we go into the refrigerator or pantry. If you look at him, his ears peel back and eyes get really wide like you’re gonna give him a slice of roast beef or something.

1 Like

That’s the funny thing. My husband feeds her, walks her, spends all day at home with her…but I’m the one she has bonded with.

1 Like

Perhaps she knows who’s the alpha in that pack.

3 Likes

We had a dog like that. When I came home from work and sat in my car to finish a chapter of an audiobook, I’m told he sat by the door and whined. When I went out of town on business he just moped the whole time. I miss him…

The new doggie loves Mr aj and my daughter more than me, although she’ll bring me her toy in a pinch.

2 Likes

That was going to be my question-are you the one that generally feeds and cares for her? Our dogs tend to favor my wife for that reason…I think…
Maybe she longs for female companionship.

1 Like

When will I no longer feel compelled to add this clarification every time I mention a respiratory illness?

3 Likes

Does anyone here plan to submit a meme to the SOA meme contest? Or has anyone ever? I’m trying to determine who this appeals to.

I can just imagine the meeting where they came up with this idea…

1 Like