Random questions

My friend’s son is on his high school shooting team and they go through a crazy number of rounds every year. Apparently for the last year or two there has been a shortage on certain caliber rounds, in particular the caliber used for target shooting. So people will collect the brass from the range that is left behind and reload the rounds. My guess would be that people in your area are taking advantage of the ammo shortage and the fact that they have the equipment to reload to make a little money on the side. Grain of salt on my guess as this is all second hand knowledge from casual conversation.

Preferred and Super Preferred.

3 Likes

This seems quite suspect to me. I would expect a huge drop off in quality.

I am not a gun person. I am an anti-gun person.

Not really from what I understand. My FIL used to pack some of his own shotgun shells. He even had this device where he could make his own shot. The basic principles of a bullet are pretty simple. It seems sort of similar to corking a wine bottle so with the correct equipment I don’t imagine it is too difficult.

Yeah, but I bet half the amateurs that cork their own wine bottles end up with a bottle of vinegar. Perhaps useful, but not intended.

Mispack a bullet or shell, and you playing with your life, either through misfires, or non-firing duds in a life-or-death situation.

My brothers had a reloading kit. It worked well enough. I would expect school target shooting to use smaller rounds (.22 probably), and those can’t really be reloaded. I don’t really have much knowledge of what caliber they would use though.

My friend wasn’t reloading for the team. He had something crazy like 10,000 rounds sitting in his kitchen because he was buying for the whole team and with the shortage he was buying whenever they came in stock which is how we came to talk about it. Actually, I think there were some loose rounds in his truck which led to the kitchen discussion. I was just guessing that whatever the roadside ammo people are selling is also hard to come by. I know some basics but I’m not a gun person.

Why is it we say “I’m going to take a dump?” I don’t want to take it anywhere, I want to leave it in the toilet!

and no one ever “gives a shit” or “gives two shits.”

So we take all these dumps and never give shits. sounds like a mess in the making

Should I give you shit for this post? :wink:

1 Like

What are the chances that my washing machine magically drains fine? :grimacing:

Another 20 min until I find out.

4 Likes

Probably should be stated, “not on OUR periodic table,” which would imply either that the element has more protons than our current periodic table shows, or that counting the number of protons in atoms is not sufficient to describe all matter in the universe.

But, yeah, I’ll chalk that up to innumerate writers not understanding science.

2 Likes

I can relate to this way of thinking. Most problems just resolve on their own, right?

1 Like

Did you give it a good smack before you left? Should be fine. Works every time for vending machines, NES, desktop towers, and disk-men.

3 Likes

Why do we have a specific name for doctors that specialize in the foot, but we don’t have a specific name for doctors that specialize in the hand?

1 Like

Dr. Phalange?

How did the laundry go yesterday??? :popcorn:

I didn’t find an obvious obstruction. I ran two loads without any issues. Also got kudos from the family fix-it guy for trouble shooting before I called him. He gave me another trouble shooting suggestion in case it still wasn’t draining properly.

1 Like

:popcorn:

Hose problems??? :popcorn: