Random Political Thoughts

That’s insane that they cut it. If I was a parent in SF I’d be beyond pissed.

Where I’m at, we have kids doing 7th Grade Algebra and Zooming (or Teams-ing) geometry in the 8th Grade with middle-schoolers in the District. (Formerly, they’d have to go to the high school, then back to the middle school for the rest of the day. Also, belongs in the “bragging on my school district’s kids” thread.)

2 Likes

Nice to see parents arguing over algebra rather than CRT for a change.

4 Likes

That link don’t work.

Watchoo talkin’ about, DTNF?

Ok. Probably my work PC was acting up.
Stupid SF, making CA look bad.

The UK Conservatives create a “ministry against wokery.”

Install a $65,000 fence at your house, try to sue a nutbag to pay for half all of it

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4309869-judge-denies-greenes-request-security-fence/

Was just reading today that the UK Conservatives are polling at an all-time low of 27% and an election as of today would nearly wipe them out of power.

1 Like

Thoughts and prayers to any still-in-contact family of people like MTG, Boebert, and Gaetz as holiday gatherings approach. Stay safe out there.

Reminds me of this:

3 Likes

In a shocking political twist…

Radical libertarian Javier Milei elected president of Argentina - Subscribe to the Financial Times via @FT

Too bad. The electorate is unpredictable. A new buddy for Trump

1 Like

Don’t want to derail the NFL 2023 thread:

I thought we were supposed to keep politics out of football!?!?!?

This Sunday against the Raiders, various people within the Vikings organization will be supporting Israel on their feet.

Kicker Greg Joseph’s cleats and sneakers that will be worn by the Wilfs and team CEO Andrew Miller.

2 Likes

Is it still anti-American to kneel to the flag or is that one okay now?

3 Likes

If you’re kneeling to a flag bearing a cross, then it’s OK. Otherwise, you’re being disrespectful to God the flag.

2 Likes

What if I drape a MAGA flag over the cross and kneel to that while wearing a Punisher t-shirt and open-carrying a firearm?

I think that gets you to Level 37 of Q.

Not super political, but maybe slightly… Minnesota has a new state flag, or more precisely is expected to have one on their anniversary of statehood. I like it better than their old one but a friend up North says some Minnesotans are quite upset about it. :woman_shrugging:

Because Minnesotans need to be upset about something.

Personally, I would have chosen one of the other finalists that included a white stripe. This is too…I don’t know…monochrome?…

Regardless, it’s way better than the previous one.

1 Like