QAnon

Agreed, more in the GOP should loudly denounce anti-Jew, etc. implications like that.

But alas, it’s a debate whether banning people based on their religion is a good thing…

1 Like

You already have that power. It’s been inside you all along.

I long for the good old day’s when Michelle Bachmann was the wackiest member of Congress.

I find it even more chilling as a Jew who lives within a hour’s drive of her district

1 Like

To be fair, my home state of NC somehow elected a literal Nazi fanboy. So, yunno…

Greene really illustrates a bit about what GA politics is like now. Georgia went blue due a very liberal city like Atlanta, and the Trump backlash shifting formerly GOP suburbs to Dem. There are a few other pockets in the state that vote D, but the rest of the state is not only heavily GOP but subject to wackadoodle QAnon conspiracy theories. This scenario is now playing out in a number of states, including some in the northeast and Midwest.

The GOP has a big internal fight on their hands in either embracing QAnon crap or repudiating.
:popcorn:

She is seriously dangerous.

:laughing: McConnell is a lot of things, but arguing that he has been unsuccessful is not very convincing

1 Like

By far the most effective politician in my lifetime. At this point the Trumpkins are off in deep space. Fox News is MSM, Mitch McConnell is a RINO. When you get to that point in things you need to look in the mirror.

The weird thing is these things are all just defense mechanisms to keep from admitting that they are wrong about something. Trumpism is narcissism. I don’t want to admit that I might be wrong about gun control so instead of saying that I will convince myself that school shootings were perpetrated by people who want gun control in order to make everyone else believe we need it.

In essence that is what a conspiracy theory is right? It’s a coping mechanism to keep from changing your mind. The more evident it becomes that you are wrong the more elaborate and evil the conspiracy has to be to keep you from examining the idea that you started out supporting. The more obvious it became that Trump was a lying incompetent fool the more elaborate Qanon got. It’s like we have to support our guy, the other side is eating babies, raping children, drinking blood, and worshipping the devil.

SNL did a pretty funny bit this past week about what in America works and they “interviewed” Greene, had me laughing.

Yep. I considered starting a poll last week asking “Who do you think she will shoot first?” but didn’t as it might be considered too crass.

McConnell calling Greene (or her lies) a cancer and the Democrats removing her from committee checks off a few of the boxes she will need if she wants to be a GOP candidate in 2024.

1 Like

So a House vote on whether to dump MTG from the committees. Minority leader McCarthy is not going to “keep it inside” the party, so off we go to a partisan vote of the whole House. McCarthy is failing, since one of the fundamental responsibility of the minority leader is…avoid on the record votes that put his caucus in jeopardy.

Rs are ( rightly, imo) going to vote against this because it sets a precedent of giving the majority party the opportunity to dislodge minority members from committees. Prolly not a great way to run a legislative body.

Rs are in free fall. Meanwhile MTG is recording windfall money raising. Sh*t show at the f**k factory.

I dunno, free fall is disunity. It seems like they’re basically just unifying behind QAnon.

1 Like

R’s are just showing they tolerate a diverse opinion.

If you want to see what it’s like down the rabbit hole try to follow this GOP internal power struggle just using Fox News. As long as Fox is the main trusted source for news for a large portion of voters the GOP can do want they want.

Fox News isn’t QAnon they just hold their coats as they lynch the truth.

Greene 2024.

It is like the Republicans have learned nothing from the 4 years of enabling Trump. They are just going to let another weirdo nutjob suck all the air out of the room. They will of course blame the media for giving her airtime, but by voting to support her, they are sending the message they have no problem if that happens.

Some Republicans are claiming this is a dangerous precedent, expecting that in the future that the majority party will act to strip party assignments from the minority. I hope not, as I believe this was a special case. Congress critters that support the execution of their colleagues and harrass school shooting victims alleging they are paid actors in a hoax is not behavior that should be rewarded with choice committee assignments.

It does rob some voters in my state of some of the power their representative should have. They shouldn’t have elected such a despicable person.

Republicans claim dangerous precedent when faced with a choice between the right thing to do, and the popular thing to do. That has been happing a lot lately, because they keep enabling these nutjobs.

1 Like