Political truths that are worth sharing but aren’t funny

Now former Rand Paul staffer found guilty of funneling Russian money to Trump campaign

2 Likes

Witch hunt

Anti-woke bank/financial services company Glorifi goes bust after a few months. Company was founded apparently on the premise that Wall Street and big financial institutions are leftist.

Big financial backers included Peter Thiel and Kelly Loeffler.

1 Like

They probably will still net a profit from it.

As railroad carriers have implemented cuts and more grueling scheduling systems, they have also reported record profits and have paid out $196bn in stock buybacks and dividends to shareholders since 2010.

BNSF and Union Pacific, the two largest railroad corporations in North America, both reported record profits in 2021. BNSF is owned by billionaire investor Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway conglomerate.

Senator Bernie Sanders hit out at Buffett last week. “Warren Buffett, the owner of BNSF Railway’s parent company, became $1.38bn richer yesterday,” Sanders tweeted, referring to a boost to Buffett’s net worth from a rise in Berkshire Hathaway’s stock price.

“In one day, Mr Buffett made twice as much money as it would cost to guarantee 15 paid sick days a year to every rail worker in America,”

‘Joe Biden blew it’: rail unions decry plan to impose deal through Congress | US unions | The Guardian

Isn’t it nice that Biden and congress are willing to step in and manipulate the market in favor of the owners, one more time. Can’t let a strike be successful other workers might think they can negotiate for a better job/life/compensation balance.

Um, that is the way it has been since unions began, according to “A People’s History of The United States.” I don’t like it, either, but the rich 1% usually get their way.

1 Like

3 Likes

Unsure if this is the right place:

tl;dr - Reading of a Dr. Seuss story to a third grade was cut short because too much of a lesson about racism and not enough about economics.

1 Like

The star-bellied sneetches?

Wow, those kids are SMRT!!

1 Like

Well, it’s rather convenient that there was an NPR reporter in the room when they decided to make the statement that they don’t teach their students about racism.

There were comments that followed about Dr. Seuss being a gateway to CRT. Can’t have that happening!

1 Like

Good Lord… we can’t teach children that it’s bad to be racist???

Wait. It’s a joke article, right?

5 Likes

I think it’s a real thing. The author writes about comic books, but it’s not a satire site.

2 Likes

It was real, I listened to the Planet Money podcast they reference in the article a week ago. I wonder if part of shutting it down was the school being nervous talking about race with cameras in the room, and maybe just better to shut it down. Don’t know.

2 Likes

Turns out you really can’t teach a sneech…

1 Like

I mean, that’s what a rational person would think, but the modern day GOP continuing to stay on their irrational brand.

2 Likes

It also wasn’t that long ago that the Rs were up in arms about the Dr. Seuss publisher deciding to no longer reprint one of his books that contained a racially offensive drawing or character (I forgot the details), going off about the out of control woke libs attacking Dr. Seuss.