Political truths that are worth sharing but aren’t funny

She will just claim that they are not the type of Republicans she supports, or not real Republicans lokr Kari Lake.
Regardless of how many multiple times these disgusting actions have been posted on GoA.

1 Like

Who are you talking about?

If stuff like “Pelosi and DePape are gay lovers” was posted on GoA, I definitely missed it. I’m not saying it didn’t happen; I miss stuff sometimes. :woman_shrugging:

I didn’t get many hits when I Googled “Pelosi DePape lovers” … perhaps I’m net-nannied from conspiracy sites where this nonsense was posted. But I did get this hit from the Southern Poverty Law Center which actually spells out some of the ludicrous conspiracies:

(DTNF’s link mentions conspiracies, but doesn’t really spell out just how ludicrous they actually are.)

Yeah you must have missed the whole thread on day of and day following the attack. Most conservative commentators did a great job shitting themselves with stupid ass theories and at least two posters here echoed that shit show.

2 Likes

LOL you mean this one

Where she literally has more comments than any other poster?

2 Likes

really? it was retweeted. by the owner of twitter. somehow you missed it i guess.

1 Like

Oh geez, I guess I missed that.

I went back and re-read that thread. There was some confusion about whether DePape or Pelosi introduced the hammer into the equation, some stuff about MTG being tasteless and booing Pelosi, and this comment about Elon Musk:

Nothing about them being gay lovers or false flag operations or it being related to a drug deal. Was that stuff in a different thread?

I will admit I skimmed it the second time so maybe I missed it???

It’s the bar thing. I didn’t really dig deep into it and I don’t read Twitter, but I gathered that Elon was retweeting some nonsense about pelosi and depape meeting at a gay bar and having some unspecified conflict. Not really worth anyone’s time imo. Just another data point to reinforce my belief that there is simply no bottom to the depravity of the worst actors on the right. It irks me when people give these deplorables the benefit of the doubt when they prove over and over that they have forfeited that discretion.

1 Like

Ah, I did not get

from

But again … I’m not on Twitter unless someone here links to it. :woman_shrugging:

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

This was in the “Republicans say…” thread

Oh yeah, that was appalling, but not a conspiracy theory. I do remember that.

Here is a nyt article:

Just let it be.
Some people are just unapologetically proud of their ignorance.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Trump was not a Republican.

Sanders was not a Democrat.

Neither one is a credit to the party that “drafted” them. :judge:

Was either one “drafted” though?

It seems to me like the Republican Party leadership did not want Trump in 2016, nor did the Democratic Party leadership want Bernie Sanders. I think they preferred Bush or Rubio in the case of the GOP and Clinton in the case of the Dems.

2 Likes

Trump IS the Republican party now.

1 Like

Hopefully not for long, but the Republican Party will remain tainted by him for a long time v

2 Likes

Trump? That guy’s a douch.

That’s kind of mean-spirited, insulting douches that way.

5 Likes