Political Humor Thread

https://twitter.com/scalzi/status/1611586181363372037?t=0wjN3v7JG8fH9jFGgJdC8Q&s=19

No matter the year, January 6th is the day the Republicans in DC show us who they are.

2 Likes

wasn’t it actually Jan 7?

1 Like

Yes; it was definitely after midnight.

Although to be fair there was certainly plenty of :poop: going down on January 6.

Katie Porter during one of the house speaker votes.

8 Likes

Have they launched the first Hunter Biden investigation yet?

The tweet by Scalzi was made before midnight on the East Coast.
Whatever happened after midnight was not part of his observation.
I believe the attempted assault on the house floor was before midnight, which i believe is what was the cherry on top of his tweet.

Seen elsewhere:

The vote turned 15, so Matt Gaetz lost interest.

13 Likes

Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 9.04.01 AM

8 Likes

3 Likes

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 2.26.05 PM

Is it political? Sort of.

2 Likes

3 Likes

We may be sending them George Santos as well

8 Likes

Extradition can’t begin too soon.

Not sure what the point of this one is, which may be a good characteristic in a political cartoon. Is it criticizing those who treat the two situations as equivalent, or criticizing those who describe Biden’s as nothing?

In the Biden situation, does he carry around boxes of documents? I would think some staffer, would be responsible for getting them to where they would be reviewed and collecting them afterward.

I feel there is a logistical element to this I am not hearing discussed.

My guess is more of the former, since misplaced can be construed as innocent. From what I’ve read here, both are criminal (intent doesn’t factor in) but the difference in response is significant (one mostly appropriate, the other adds more criminality imo).

For so many situations, I have preached, it is not only what you do, it is what you do after that matters more.

Many people have gone to jail not for the incident everyone knows, but for leaving the scene, for lying on the stand, for covering up for someone else.

4 Likes

Exactly. Trump was given ample opportunities to return classified documents and refused to do so. While I haven’t followed the Biden situation too closely, my understanding is that he & his staffers are attempting to cooperate.

Making an innocent mistake and then doing your best to correct it after it is made is worlds apart from thumbing your nose at those asking you to make things right.

5 Likes