Political Humor Thread

I agree, though IMO the cartoon displays Biden as too happy about the situation, not apologetic.

The cartoon is implying that it’s the same act. It’s dumb.

I haven’t followed the latest Biden thing. I assume it is probably an innocent mistake, and probably minor, but I am naturally suspicious, and would like further data.

With Trump I know it’s not an innocent mistake. And knowing that makes me more worried that it’s actually a big deal.

3 Likes

Agree… the cartoon is trying to equivocate the two situations to portray Trump as someone who is unfairly persecuted while Biden gets away with something just as bad.

It’s an absurd take, but I presume it goes over well with Trumpkins.

1 Like

Not sure when the cartoon was written or first published. Just yesterday, or maybe this morning, it was learned that more classified documents had been found as Biden’s Wilmington home, in the garage. Still, nothing at Trump-level behavior.

The Biden case could for sure be as bad. But I wouldn’t assume that it is.

It started as the same criminal act, possession of classified documents you weren’t supposed to have. I doubt Biden or Trump packed the boxes themselves. As several posters above have mentioned, the response is what’s different. The worst I can say about Biden’s team response was the timeliness of the exposure after discovery. Delaying until well after an election looks like political influence.

Where are you hearing they delayed well after the election? It is my understanding the documents were from his time as VP, were identified last November by his lawyers while going through an old office, and they notified the National Archives the same day they were found. The lawyers apparently didn’t even tell Biden they found them, they just did what they were supposed to do.

Good point (which I elided). They did the legally required notification in a timely manner (yay!) but the public release of the “oops we have an issue” wasn’t satisfactory to me. Don’t know whether that delayed the start of the searches of other locations that are turning up other prohibited documents or not.

I wouldn’t assume that Trump didn’t direct the boxes to kept.

Given his handling of the situation, I would normally assume that he did pick them out. Of course, given that Trump is a crazy nincompoop who thrives on controversy, there’s no sense in assuming much.

meh, the National Archives does not require the public to be aware of a an issue to conduct its investigations and generally does not disclose ongoing investigations. The public was not aware of Trump’s missing documents until months after the NA was aware either.

I would expect this type of thing actually happens with more regularity than we likely know. It doesn’t make news because the people who have them by accident cooperate with the NA rather than fight about it and claim to be persecuted because of it. I see no reason the Biden administration should have sent out a press release when it occured.

2 Likes

1 Like

The public reveal of situation from the point that the national archives were aware of an issue to when it was made public was loke 5x faster than the reveal in Trump’s case.
Not sure why you think the shorter delay for Biden was more egregious? Did you want them to keepnit hidden for as long as the kept the Trump situation hidden?

Sorry I wasn’t specific. It isn’t the National Archives place to do it. I was wishing the Biden administration would have done so. Still better than Trump though.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Only three of many gems here: Astronaut Scott Kelly Delivers Out-Of-This-World Troll Takedown Of George Santos | HuffPost Latest News

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 3.59.09 PM

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 3.59.49 PM

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 4.01.00 PM

More at the source.

3 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

Jimmy Kimmel about Facebook potentially letting Trump back in

1 Like

4 Likes