Political Humor Thread

4 Likes

@Lucy – did you get a new job and not tell us?

2 Likes

15 Likes

https://twitter.com/0liviajulianna/status/1610805338873159680?t=e4g0xoDbM8z2zsPeiMqogw&s=19

3 Likes

4 Likes

Honestly hoping that we can get about 30 Dems from red states to push McCarthy over the line here. Sideline the progressives and the Freedom Caucus at the same time. The House might even function on a rational basis that way.

1 Like

Or we could have a handful of Republicans realize their party is full of fascists and turn away from the authoritarian anti-human agenda.

4 Likes

i would agree that would be a win.

those 30 usually would ask for something in return for their support (and given the offers allegedly made to the 20, why wouldn’t they?).

i theorize that dealmaking with them will alienate some of the 200 and further entrench the 20. If the alienated total is <12 and he gets 30 D’s, then the math works out. So I think the 30 D’s would shake off more than 12 R’s.

Isn’t the obvious solution to get 30 dems from red states to push an R other than McCarthy over the line here? How would the Ds bailing McCarthy out be mutually advantageous?

If you think the Republicans have big a problem with authoritarianism you need to take a closer look at your own party.

That would require getting the at least most of the 200 pro-McCarthy R’s to agree on someone else. They could give on some items: No House investigation on Hunter Biden, certain bills or amendments guaranteed for a floor vote, …

That seems absurd. You might have a slightly better point had you said

(And any issues about “big a” vs “a big” are minor compared to not acknowledging the Republican authoritarianism problem)

2 Likes

Ah yes, the binary othering comes so naturally.

We already have an active discussion on the Speaker shenanigans going on in the 2022 elections thread. Please continue this conversation there rather than the Political humor thread.

4 Likes

6 Likes

I’ll ask again: we already have an active discussion of the Speaker shenanigans in the 2022 election thread. Please continue this discussion there rather than the political humor thread.

Jokes about the Speaker issue like the ones above are welcome.

Sorry! I’ll just delete it

5 Likes

7 Likes