Political Humor Thread

IANAL All I know is what I Google. Here are my first two hits:

No general rule, but usually a proper pre-nup rules.

Neither addresses my hypothetical, the pre-nup is only signed after the wills have been signed, and the pre-nup explicitly says the parties cannot change their wills without the others consent. That seems enforceable.

IIRC, Marla (wife #2) signed a pre-nup. It upped her share significantly if they remained married for 5+ years. DJT said at the time of his 2nd divorce, and I’m paraphasing here so give me some latitude, he didn’t think it would last long term so he made a decision to end the marriage prior to the 5 year upgrade in her pre-nup.

Make sure you have turned on your sound. This is just too funny. Don’t worry it’s SFW

2 Likes

The White House closed captioning guy has a hard time with Biden announcing the killing of al-Zawahiri

20220801_194341

2 Likes
2 Likes

My guess is that the husband probably owned the house free & clear before they were married, but I’m not exactly certain. Surely if they were married when the house was purchased her name would have been on it, and it wasn’t.

Don’t be too sure about that. My current house was bought with only my name on it.

And there can be reasons to not have a spouse’s name on a property. Just look into “Special Needs Trust” and estate planning.

Well if it was both spouses’ intention that Wife get the house after Husband passes (which given their ages was hugely likely to be the order of them passing) then you would almost certainly want Wife’s name on it is what I meant.

Obviously I don’t know exactly what Husband intended. He died very suddenly / unexpectedly and it certainly never came up in the conversations we had, but it’s hard for me to imagine that he intended for her to be thrown out upon his death.

I get that there are other reasons you might not put Wife’s name on the house.

Were this almost anybody else I wouldn’t consider this humor, but with his egregious vanity and massive amount of makeups he wears, this no-makeup photo is cracking me up.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 10.37.53 AM

4 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 9.12.54 AM

8 Likes
1 Like

That’s what Aaron Neville looks like? I never would have guessed. I always assumed he was a skinny little white guy.

I think you’re confusing him with the guy that sang ‘Fast Car.’

I’m old enough to remember when Aaron Neville blew up. Saw him on SNL back in the day.

No, I’m thinking of the “Don’t know much” and cotton commercials guy.

I kinda always assumed the “fast car” guy was a black woman, but it could have gone either way.

1 Like

There was an old AO trope about that, where some poster (forget who) thought Tracy Chapman was a man.

2 Likes

as a conservative in PA, I really wish we could find some better candidates…

Fetterman is such a better candidate than Oz.

I was a big Neville brothers fan in their 1980’s heyday, and still enjoy them. I saw them in concert a number of times. I never got into Aaron’s solo work.

1 Like