Political Humor Thread

4 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Chick Hawl A

1 Like

3 Likes

Odds are good that she’ll outlive him, so it will be interesting to see where she buries him, and what is said at HIS funeral.

1 Like

There will be parquet flooring above the grave…

1 Like

With anyone else that would just be an expression, but with DJT it will actually happen, parquet floor or not.

I wonder what the pre-nup says about him dying first.

Wouldn’t that be covered in his will?

It would not shock me if Melania gets very little in the will. You usually cannot leave your spouse penniless, but you can leave them very little.

Hopefully Barron gets enough to take care of his Mama. Not that I’m super sympathetic, but just out of some sense of what would be fair.

I think you can use a pre-nup to require the other spouse to put something into a will, and to prevent them from changing that part of the will later.

But, I’ve never seen a pre-nup, certainly not one that involves billions.

1 Like

FTFY

1 Like

Interesting. When my 70-something neighbor died leaving his 50-something year-old wife behind, the house sat vacant for something like a year while the guy’s kids and their same-age stepmom duked it out in court.

I liked the wife but the kids won and eventually sold the place to a flipper. When I talked to one of the sons he commented that the wife didn’t want to abide by the terms of the prenup and that didn’t make sense to me. But maybe it is as you say… maybe husband changed the will to be more favorable to wife in violation of the prenup???

usually a pre-nup protects the assets that the parties had before the marriage, in case of divorce

Otherwise the will would prevail. I guess a pre-nup could keep the surviving spouse from getting the assets at death, where they normally would, if a will is vague, but a will can override a pre-nup.

And assuming the parties earned while married, I can’t see how the pre-nup protects from that. It makes no sense, when one spouse is significantly younger, they would sign away financial rights upon the death of the older spouse.

Was going to say, in a literal sense there may be nothing to inherit.