It is a kinda short light saber.
It’s not the NC GOP’s first cringe tweet. It feels almost like internal sabotage.
and in his tiny hands you would think it would look bigger
Breeders will take a dog back if there’s an issue. (I’m assuming it came from a breeder bc it was specifically a hunting dog) but whoever she got it from likely would have taken it back and at least tried to train it. She said “I hated that dog” did she not?
A 14mo dog is still a puppy. And I flat just don’t believe 90% of her story about the dog’s behavior. I’m not claiming to be an expert but I’ve bred, raised and handled more puppies/dogs than most people and I think she is WAY over exaggerating the “threat” this puppy posed.
She killed the dog and the goat in the same event. It sounds more likely to me that she got overly frustrated and took out her aggression on the animals.
She seems to me like a psychotic lying narcissistic sociopath, in other words, the perfect running make for the orange one.
I think someone said she took it from another family who was also having issues with it.
I think someone said she took it from another family who was also having issues with it.
I don’t recall seeing that. But even if true I still think she’s full of shit.
The dog could still have been turned over to someone else who could have at least better evaluated it.
If she took it from someone else, how long did she have it? Again, we are only talking about 14 months. So what training did this dog have an opportunity to get before being shot in the face?
After working with a few dog rescues over the past year, I’ve seen people treat dogs with absolute mind blowing cruelty. It happens All. The. Time.
Last year, I helped out a bucket of newborn puppies. Someone’s dog gave birth and they put 7 puppies in a bucket and left them to die. (We were able to save 6, no idea what happed to the poor mamma) last month I fostered a dog who was most certainly a family dog for years based on how well mannered he was but he was simply dumped in a field and left to starve.
Sorry for the thread drift but there is no way you’ll justify to me shooting a dog that young just bc you don’t know how to train him. ![]()
Okay, but what do you think of the amount of dogs killed by shelters? Is that better than letting them fend for themselves?
I was shocked when I read some article a few years ago about all the dogs shelters kill. Especially PETA, who protests loads of stuff that seem less important.
I know kind of the opposite story - a woman who had to care for 4-5 dogs on top of the maybe 4 she already owned because of a deathbed wish of her neighbor. This may be unrelated but she did poorly at her job and was laid off. (Got another job, though, I’m happy to say. Perhaps she was unwise in owning the original 4 or so but … still.)
I was shocked when I read some article a few years ago about all the dogs shelters kill.
It’s true that shelters get overwhelmed. People who either can’t or just don’t want to care for their dogs or who are irresponsible and don’t get them fixed fill shelters. Resources are limited and I understand that some dogs have to be put down. It sucks and it’s not fair. But being humanely put down is a lot different than abandoning, abusing, neglecting or shooting them in the face for what I’d bet dollars to donuts was normal puppy behavior that she’s grossly exaggerating to try to justify her horrific behavior.
I’m not convinced that shooting a dog is any worse than whatever the shelters do. If it’s quick and the animal doesn’t have a chance to suffer is what matters.
Looking at the google results it doesn’t seem quite certain it’s always painless.
It took 2 bullets to kill the goat so shooting isn’t necessarily foolproof.
She seems to me like a psychotic lying narcissistic sociopath, in other words, the perfect running make for the orange one.
Lying sociopath is probably a good starting point for anyone who seems interested in being Trump’s running mate.
“Put down aggressive dog” on its own, at least for me, does not lead to an instant DQ, recognizing that there is a wide range of opinions on how much effort should be invested in trying to save such a dog. The weirder part is that she put this out there in a book, along with the other goofy things you and others brought up.
I know non-shitty people who have made similar decisions with an aggressive dog, so while I would have tried other options, I don’t think it is disqualifying. What I object to is that it doesn’t sound like it was a carefully considered decision, rather more of an angry “I’ve had it with this stupid dog and goat” and somewhat impulsively killing them without considering the ramifications on her kids or whether or not there was an alternative.
Especially PETA, who protests loads of stuff that seem less important.
PETA is fairly all-in on killing animals, being entirely honest.
Can we move the Noem discussion to its own thread please?
I agree it sounds like an impulsive angry decision, but I’d say I am open to a couple ideas. 1) This is the way the media has interpreted and/or presented what was written in the book and 2) It was a poor attempt by Noem to take what might have been an actual hard decision and present it in a way to show grit.
I have no interest in buying or reading the book to verify either of those things.
I’ve read articles with a lengthy enough excerpt that that I feel confident that the book is being fairly portrayed. And if she is dramatizing the story to sound tough, the way she did so also shows a lack of judgement.



