Political Humor Thread

I did not see that. It ruined a bird hunting trip, then chased/killed some chickens. Please link an article where Noem stated the dog was biting people. I saw she complained that the goat got the kids’ clothes dirty.

ETA:
This was the original article I read:

She did say the dog turned to bite her, not that the dog actually bit her. Sounds like the school bus with her kid pulled up right afterwards, I hope the carcasses weren’t still in the ditch.

I read this tonight in light of your comments:

Again, the dog supposedly tried to bite her. I’m unsure why she chose to take the dog in the first place, given that the had young kids and it was being given up by a family that deemed the dog too aggressive. Unsure which version of her story is actually true.

I think animal hides should be a byproduct of meat (which is the case with leather) not the sole purpose. Not sure about snake and alligator skin, if the meat gets used.

1 Like

I have a pretty low tolerance for aggressive dogs. Most dog owners ignore their dog’s behavior or don’t take it serious enough until it is too late. I am pretty sure the number of risky dogs that end up in shelters today already exceeds their demand - it’s an unfortunate reality and it sounds like Noem already gave the dog a second chance.

I am not a gun owner and couldn’t fathom shooting a dog, but the dog almost certainly would have been put down if given to a shelter. Overall the outcome seems fine to me.

I’d eat a dog. I wouldn’t take a healthy calf to a gravel pit and shoot it.

Watch it there, buddy. Maybe Devin Nunes’, but not those stupid Chick-Fil-A cows. :dog:

4 Likes

“Dog’s got personality.”

So my dog took a visit to BIL’s hobby farm. Oh look, farm snack! We were yelling “no - stop” as he chased and then caught one chicken, but he didn’t stop until the Great Pyrenees that guarded the chickens appeared and barked one time. Chewy dropped the chicken right away.

My point to that funny anecdote (well, funny unless you were the chicken, which despite fluttering away did ultimately succumb - or at least we were told so) is that chicken chasing isn’t necessarily proof the dog is dangerous. The circumstances of Noem’s dog’s chicken predilection may have been more indicative, but I really don’t care to drill into the details.

I’d certainly sniff your dead body to check. @JFG’s not.

1 Like

Today’s installment of “Donald and Hobbes”:

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 9.59.41 AM

1 Like

What does the caption say under “Week in Cartoons”?

Mascot

Yes, mascot. Photo fixed, and a new cartoon added. The first was put in twice by mistake

2 Likes

Do you mean this group:

yes, thank you

1 Like

I think Trump is more Rick Moranis than Mark Hamill.

3 Likes