Political Humor Thread

Right wing folks are saying the fact that Twitter spaces repeatedly crashed during the announcement is a good thing b/c it shows how much interest there was for DeSantis. The fact that twitch regularly has larger streams without crashing isn’t relevant and definitely doesn’t reflect poorly on Musk’s decisions with Twitter.

3 Likes

Yep, I checked the FoxNews comments section. Almost uniformly, “shows that DeSantis is very popular”.

Yeah, I saw this on Reddit and LOLed.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1661883521546481666?s=46&t=cXHA6hVIwh6BsFziebrq_A

Video at link

2 Likes

I can’t believe that I fully believe that Trump’s son, trying to compliment him, called him uncharismatic and fat/old (or at most generous, not energetic.)

For other candidates I’d be wondering if it was a deepfake.

I know the common discourse is that he is on cocaine but I’m unclear how anybody could make that error. I have never done but know people who’ve been addicted to cocaine and they are far more competent.

He wasn’t trying to compliment him. He was trying to insult desantis and used the wrong name.

3 Likes

6 Likes

perhaps trying to appeal to the incel part of the base?
:man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

It’s also kind of funny calling dad “Trump”.

1 Like

6 Likes

Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 10.25.49 AM

1 Like

Ah, I see. This makes more sense.

4 Likes

John Kerry is coming for your burgers, your grills, and even wants the 4th of July to be renamed American Reparations Day.

Actually, I think charcoal is pretty renewable and carbon neutral. At least, if there’s a way to avoid using fossil fuels in the process of turning wood into charcoal it could be.

I did some reading on using wood as a fuel some years ago and got the impression people were still arguing about it.
OTOH, I’ve got a buddy who burns his garbage and claims it’s ‘better than burning diesel to haul it to the dump’. I feel he may be a bit misguided on that one.

There are certainly going to be reasons why it’s not great, but it seems like it should be better than fossil fuels. Burning charcoal (or wood) is putting carbon into the air that was there a few years ago, not carbon that has been stuck underground for millions of years.

The energy isn’t going to be as concentrated, so you’ll probably need more of it.

It’s also putting other things up there that might not be great.

I don’t really know much about what I’m talking about though.

7 Likes