Official Pokemon Go thread

The brown look with pumpkins under gyms is kind of fun.

1 Like

Im at my parents house and therefore not as many pokestops and didnt notice the pokestops were orange until i walked to them. The orange pokestops are cool.

Not a huge fan of the brown leaves that i can see from my parents house though.

How are you supposed to get those mysterious yellow coins? Iā€™ve been spinning yellow pokestops, but Iā€™ve only ever gotten one coin (on the first one I spun). Is there something else I need to do to get more?

idk, but i got 4 of them according to my bag. what even are they though?

It apparently is a tie-in to the next Pokemon game, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. And apparently it will somehow eventually let you catch that little thing that hangs around near the yellow stops. But they havenā€™t announced exactly what the deal is yet.

1 Like

Ah i keep trying to catch that little thing to no avail!

It is too bad i hate my apartment because in talking to my sister about her apartment, and her new apartment and the apartment she is temporarily staying in now, even for manhattan my apartment is amazing for pokemongo in reaching 4 pokestops and 1 gym from the comfort of my couch.

It wasnt as good prior to covid but the additional distance to be able to reach pokestops and gyms made it so

Is it just me or does the updated app make things move at warp speed? i donā€™t like it.

I turned something like 2500 plus rare candies into mewtwo candy XL. got ONE power up with that! kickass

i missed the mewtwo raids earlier this year because i was on staten island where raids suck. iā€™m trying to power up my mewtwo to the max. walking is taking for freaking ever.

i also wanted to empty my items box to make room for a massive pokeball hording while iā€™m in manhattan to go to the extreme po (worse than staten island) where there are no pokestops unless you risk your life or drive.

OK, Halloween looked pretty good, but winter/Christmas really sucks. What I assume they mean to be snow doesnā€™t look at all like snow. Why is it in little cloud-like blobs on the ground? Why is it only on darker ground? Itā€™s just weird.

yeah, itā€™s pretty stupid looking.

After hearing it was fairly rare, I was surprised to find a kecleon at the very first stop I spun. I havenā€™t seen one since, although I suppose I havenā€™t spun a lot.

first iā€™ve heard of this pokemon. iā€™m not up on the latest stuff. i just learned why everyone is pinning postcards.

when i have a friend who is high level and is obviously holding out for ME to send the gift to ultra or best friend, it pisses me off. this guy is level 49 and less than 3 million xp to level 50 and holding out for me to send the gift for ultra. think iā€™m gonnna unfriend soon.

Iā€™ve been wondering about the postcards. I guess I need to do that, too.

Kecleon is found at some stops now. You can see an outline of it moving around when you tap on the stop. When you try to spin, it doesnā€™t work and you get a message about something stopping it. The instructions I read say after trying to spin a couple times, you see the kecleon jump off the stop and the stop will then be able to be spun. Mine took more than a couple tries to spin - enough that I thought there was a problem. Anyway, afterward, the kecleon can be found near the stop.

1 Like

Who here is not in Modern, Polar, or High Plains? Mostly looking for more non-US friends.

Add me and Iā€™ll send you Modern gifts.

How would I know?

or people who spoof from other continents.

1 Like

Pin 3 postcards from gifts in your own inventory. A scatterbug should appear. After that, your Vivillon badge should be active. Go look at your badges and it should be towards the bottom. Youā€™ll see what region your scatterbug is from, and you can look at the map to see the other global regions

That too. Iā€™ll accept spoofer gifts too.

In doing a search, I saw thereā€™s a pokemongofriends reddit and some people have posted their friend code along with their region. I can imagine they might get overloaded with requests, though. It might be worth a try, though.