Official Pokemon Go thread

Just got randomly kicked out a raid when just needing to refresh my Pokémon on a remote raid invite. Grrr

If anyone wants to invite me to get a Groudon,

How did you get postcards from the Tundra habitat?

I have friends in Japan, but their habitats have all been Elegant.
I’ve added trainers from Norway using pokemongofriendcodes.com, but they’ve all been Polar or Icy Snow.
I’ve added trainers from Sweden, but they’ve all been Continental.
I’ve added trainers who said they were from Iceland, but they either sent gifts from other countries or stopped altogether.

I made a post above on Jan 19th describing what I did

Thanks. I’ve been too chicken thus far to join Discord groups in places I’ve never been and don’t speak the language, but perhaps it’s time.

I’ve not gotten around to that, either, but it’s on my list. I’ve been friends with several apparent spoofers and got 10 of the regions just from them, but they seem to have stopped. I’m guessing they very methodically went through the regions but I didn’t start opening any until after they were already halfway through the world.

7K per excellent throw with the egg on helped me get this yesterday

2 Likes

I got 2.2 million xp on community day, 2 million of which was just for catching pokemon with lucky eggs. I was obsessed with those triple catch xp slowbros which are fairly easy to get curved excellents on for 7200 xp. Once in a while it’s more than 7200 xp and I can’t figure out why.

1 Like

For most regions i got it from friends i added from this discord where there is an area where you post your friend code for specific regions.

Its a little harder to get friends from certain less populated regions and you kinda have to jump on those when they post their friend codes.

I got a couple friends from sandstorm from a Facebook group but thats harder to navigate to find people from specific regions.

They all speak English in that discord and its people from around the world. US is probably most common but they have all regions.

1 Like

I made a spreadsheet to track friend gift giving by friend in one tab and xp per day in another tab. my xp per day tab tracks location (as I play pokemongo in 3 locations with extremely differing xp per day), xp due to raids, what event is going on, the amount of xp from any specific special field research if it’s high enough, and how much xp was gained due to friend leveling up that day. if there is a cool app for this, i haven’t found it. thus i made a spreadsheet. this spreadsheet was started a few days after the last community day, thus my 2.2 million xp in one day, possible record isn’t on it.

In Manhattan, I can get over 300k in just a normal day of pokemon hunting without lucky eggs. I’d be at level 50 really fast if I wasn’t continually escaping Manhattan.

the original point was to keep track of how often friends exchange gifts and delete friends who are inactive. i don’t know how to keep track of that otherwise.

this is becoming kind of like a job.

My pokechick’s outfit is amazing. I need this for myself

1 Like

I’ve recently been getting it so from time to time (maybe a couple times a day) the pokeball completely disappears when you’re trying to catch a pokemon. You can still catch it, but it’s a lot harder when you can’t see what you’re doing. Is this a bug or is there some significance to it being hidden?

this hasn’t happened to me. sounds like a bug.

On March 30, 2017 a 100 iv snorlax ran from me. Today, I finally got one.

1 Like

Decent day 1, gotta grind tomorrow for more XL candy

NIce! I didn’t get a chance to do any.

1 Like

Niantic: " we hope to further incentivize playing Pokémon GO in person with your friends, family, and community."
Also, Niantic: “increased damage from raiding remotely is now a permanent feature!”

I have not done a raid in forever

For the past several years, my raiding was limited to remote raids through Discord. More recently, I’ve been receiving unsolicited remote invitations and that’s kind of fun if you can just on the spur of the moment jump in. I finally did my first in person raids in years on two Regidragos a couple weekends ago.

She who shall not be named

1 Like

Nice! Although I suppose there’s not much point in saying that.