Official Pokemon Go thread

Never really got into PvP, but I know that’s the favorite part of the game for a lot of folks here. I’ve been stuck on level 43 for a while because I didn’t feel like grinding out the required battles.

I decided to try to get through a few today by battling in the Winter Cup. So far 8 straight wins, no losses. Many of my W had all 3 pokemon left.

its way easier to win at the lower levels. when you get to ace level (level 20 i think) it gets a lot harder. will have to research ideal pokemon and movesets at that point.

i find it fun.

i don’t usually do the cup ones though.

is it always 3x xp for catching pokemon on community day? i never pay attention. that’s a lot. gonna use a lucky egg or two.

Community: PVP is broken. Somethings got to change, Niantic will surely fix this.

Niantic: LOL look how extra extra small this pidgey is!

I’ve got 3 of the vivillon regions with existing friends so far - the two obvious mainland US ones, plus archipelago. I’ve also apparently got marine, polar, and sun friends. I need to keep better track of who’s where.

is it broken? it worked for me today.

agree that the size and weight thing is really stupid.

Isn’t “polar” the northeastern US. Wouldn’t new york be in there thus it being an obvious mainland US one too?

just caught a 100 IV scatterbug from the river region. kickass

1 Like

Oh! I had assumed polar was way up there at least in Canada, but I guess it makes sense that they may want to extend regions to even things out more. I’m too lazy to look, but I’m wondering if anyone has come up with a map with boundaries by now.

i found this -

Pokemon Go Vivillon: Map and Patterns - Pokemon GO Wiki Guide - IGN

There are lag issues, but also, the Wing Attack buff that they put in basically turned it into a game or Rock, Paper, Scissors. It is really hard to be good at RPS, but also…it is really hard to be bad at it.

I found out I’ve got existing friends that are sending from at least 9 different regions now. Pretty good for no effort at all. I’ve started tracking where everyone is (or was) finally.

1 Like

I should have kept playing, as I won 12 straight and didn’t lose at all in Weather cup. I was busy this week though. Now that Electric cup started I got handed a L in my first battle. Note I didn’t do any research in either to choose optimum Mon for battle.

Ups and downs. I’ve been walking a Hakamo-o forever. I"m finally about a week away from being able to evolve it.

I see a Hakamo-o in the wild and catch it. :slightly_smiling_face:
I get the “Oh?”. Oh no, Ditto! :slightly_frowning_face:
Oh, but it’s not a Ditto! :slightly_smiling_face:
Oh, yeah. It’s a Zarua. I have a bunch of them. I’d much rather have the Hakamo-o right now. :slightly_frowning_face:

I just enjoy when they have the ultra & great league so i can destroy people with my pidgeots.
It is so satisfying.

My ice squad runs over them!

That definitely is one of the more challenging matchupd in the ultra league, but my great league team laughs at that arrogance.

Are you running 100IV Venu and Medi ?

1 Like

Yeah, probably some other IV combos would be better
I never really cared enough to research the right answer.

I have a 100iv steelix that i want buff up bigger than this guy, but she is only currently at 2429
Just need anothet 42 XL candies to get her to 2491. :laughing:

6 of the new friends I made in the Vivillon quest have already given over 100 gifts since the gift giving challenge started yesterday, and one has given a ridiculous 207 gifts. Strangely 2 of the 100+ gift givers did not give me one today even though they could have.

I gave 49, and everyone that had an open gift slot got one. I could have easily gifted over 100 today, but I have a lot of friends with unopened gifts now

I forget what the 3 paths were for this “lovely wishes” thingy, but why would anyone pick anything other than double catch xp if you’re under level 50?

one was like 15 minutes extra with the daily incense. i forget what the 3rd was.