Offical Video Game Thread

I like Pokemon sword a lot. I won’t be buying the remakes

I havent played a pokemon game since gen 5. How are they holding up these days? I think I stopped playing because they were too easy.

They’re definitely easy now. I preferred the games when you could turn the exp. share on/off to grind and level the pokemon up, so you could make it a little harder like the early gen games. In this Brilliant Diamond/Pearl remake, it’s automatic. Hopefully the new game they release (early next year, I think) is a little more challenging.

Been nostalgically playing some SC2 with old college buddies lately. Fun times. Game’s in a horrible state of balance at the moment though.

Also still want a SC tv/movie series. Anya Taylor-Joy as Kerrigan anyone?

How so? I don’t play anymore but I watch competitive plays on youtube sometimes, there seems to be a decent balance of races at the top tier.

Eh, doesn’t strike me as Kerrigan, too exotic. Kerrigan is like a cookie cutter American brunette.

Except that she is a psionic military sniper redhead…ie, exotic? (my own take here of course)

actually, I thought she was prettier than this. She just looks like a girl next door tbh.

Zerg’s pretty underpowered. Major tournament results don’t show it so much solely because Serral is that good at the game, but remove that one player and it’s pretty skewed I think.

Also everyone just hates skytoss. It’s strong enough to be an obvious good build choice, but is boring and no one likes playing it, or against it.

From that image that’s fair. But once she’s all queen of blades-y I don’t think that fits anymore.

Beat Shin Megami Tensei V, and chose the path for the neutral ending. I don’t know if I have the energy to start a new game+. Maybe I’ll resume SMT: Nocturne and try to beat it over the long weekend. They are not easy games, even on Normal difficulty.

I have played a few games with my old SC2 friends the other day as well. Its upsetting how bad I am now.

I played ‘Unpacking’. It was a surprisingly great game.

As 4s we initially placed in Bronze, but worked up to Plat in just a few days. It came back quicker than I expected, though I can’t off-race at all. Last time I played we still started with 6 workers.

The last time I played with any seriousness was back in the 6 worker days as well. I dont know anything about new build orders.

well that was fast, lol… i assume it’s like a 100 hr game? i’ll have to check out opinions on the difficulty levels, i like a challenge, just not brutal.

Anyone pick up any black friday/cyber monday deals?

I got Bravely Default 2, and 13 Sentinels on PSN for about ~$25 each. But then they just announced 13 Sentinels on Switch which i might have preferred :unamused:

I’ve been playing some Subnautica based on a friend’s recommendation. Has been lots of fun.

I got Astral Chain for 27 dollars digitally from the Gamestop black friday sale on 11/22. However, something must have happened with Nintendo because the Gamestop low prices disappeared the next day and everything was replaced with higher prices. Glad I bought it for cheap!

I liked that game a lot. Early game and the base-building are really good. One of the better base building/survival games out there.