Offical Video Game Thread

This

you are missing out.

Nah. I am over age 1`2. Iā€™ll be okay.

ok boomer

3 for 2 deal at gamestopā€¦
For the family, I got: Mario Odyssey, Fire emblem, and The world ends with youā€¦
For friendsā€™ kids: Portal Knight, Katamari, Scribblenautsā€¦
Iā€™m always tempted to get something mildly inappropriate (or completely inappropriate) but I mess up my own kid enough.

Any good deals on Steam or Switch store for cyber monday?

Has switch deals always updated. Much better than eshop as a reference.

3 Likes

I had a lot of accrued vacation days. Use it or lose it! :grin:

It was a little over 100 hours for me. From playing previous SMT games, the Casual difficulty is too easy (exp higher and deal more damage). If you play on Normal, I think you can bump it up to Hard.

you mean that if you start on normal, you can increase it without starting the game over?

95+ hrs into Octopath Traveler and working on my main characterā€™s 4th (and final) section of their story. The difficulty ramped up as it does in each tier. Even though I think Iā€™m the proper level, the enemies are hitting harder than usual. Going to grind a bit.

And I think Iā€™ll spend the time to get the legendary job classes (or whatever they are called). Just grind those out and I bet the rest of the game will be easy.

Yes, you wonā€™t have to start the game over. A caveat if you start on hard though, if you have to bump the difficulty down, you wonā€™t be able to bump it back up to hard (from what Iā€™ve read).

Shin Megami Tensei V - Game Difficulty ā€“ SAMURAI GAMERS.

I grabbed Inscryption, probably my new favorite slay the spire clone, because itā€™s weird.

Epic (which gives away a lot of great games) recently gave away ā€œHunter, Call of the Wildā€, a well rated-hunting simulator. I think hunting is stupid, but Iā€™ve been curious anyway since it looks beautiful, and of course I love games where you shoot stuff-- either other humans in a combat simulation, or else lots of animals, zombies, dinosaurs, etc. in survival games.

But, then I immediately pang of guilt in shooting Bambi, since I had no simulated need to shoot Bambi.

Ok I finished Octopath Traveler for my main character and think Iā€™m going to call it there. 102 hrs and i think itā€™ll take another 20 to finish or maybe 30-40 to unlock the ultimate job classes. Not getting a huge payout from seeing their stories finish, and like to move on.

Iā€™m thinking Bravely Default 2, before SMTā€¦ just to change it up from the grinding. Probably focus a little more on a PS5 game or two though. I started Plague Tale (free from PS+) a few weeks back and like it enough to keep going. Itā€™s mostly stealth and quick time events. Minor puzzle solving.

Going through a few of my PS+ gamesā€¦ played A Plagueā€™s Tale: Innocence, which turned out to be mostly a stealth puzzle game. It was short enough and fun enough to get all the way through. I almost want to go back and finish off a few silver or gold trophies, but moving on toā€¦

Oddworld: Soulstone. Another puzzle-y action game. Pretty fun, and mostly true to the original game from back in the day. Slightly annoying how slowly Abe/NPCs talk in cutscenes. Thereā€™s a decent amount of secrets and collectibles. I still find the aesthetic of Oddworld uncomfortable.

Anyone poised to get a steamdeck. Just curious. If anyone is, please feel free to share the experience.

I have one pre-orderd.

Got the kids Metroid Dread for the switch. Pretty fun! Never played the original games.

A bunch of switch games are on sale.

Iā€™d gotten dark souls 3 on my PC a few years ago but it would unceremoniously crash often which was painful, eventually quit playing.

Recently got a new PC for Christmas after my more PC-savvy friends enlightened me that my ~7-8 year old GPU was old. Realized Iā€™d never finished that so have restarted that again, no more crashing!