News that makes you say WTF?!?!

I liked this later in the article about another woman who bought a young fox thinking that it was a dog -

“ She raised the small animal for months and noticed strange behaviour, such as it never barking and sometimes refusing to eat dog food.”

I’ve observed many occasions when a cat will refuse to eat cat food but it is rare that a dog refuses dog food.

I see the date is two days ago, but I swear I saw this story a couple of years ago.

Yep… here we go. This story also mentions the fox-not-dog incident.

IFYP . . . or made it more accurate

2 Likes

The link to another article in the Mirror story, goes to a 2018 story. I guess the Mirror just couldn’t find anything recent to report on?

Oh, I see… it’s the same incident, being reported on 5 years after the discovery was made.

I thought it happened a second time.

In that case the WTF is why the Mirror is just now picking up the story! It’s in other media outlets too in the last 72 hours.

Sorry to point this out but 23-18=5.

1 Like

Good Lord. :woman_facepalming:

I was mentally adding on two years from when they adopted the dog until the discovery was made. I haven’t even been drinking!

Post corrected.

1 Like

Only in base 10 arithmetic

5 Likes

I like the way you think!

1 Like

considering we lost two years to COVID, i do that with a lot of dates.

2 Likes

A Canadian high school teacher who wears massive Z-cup prosthetic breasts in class has been placed on leave after The Post revealed that she rarely wears them outside of school … once outside school, Lemieux often ditches the breasts, wig, and makeup and appears as a man, which sent shockwaves through the school district.

I highly doubt anybody was shocked

That person appeared to be a strange troll from when they first hit the news. It was one of those new stories that you read and thought, “something is missing here”. “The teacher is actually a troll, and not a trans woman” was fairly high on the list of plausible “missing things”.

Dustin-Hoffman-looking dude couldn’t get a job as a male teacher, so…

Robin-Williams-looking dude couldn’t see his children enough cuz divorce, so…

I am conjuring a new movie idea!!

1 Like

Obviously this one has layers for me.

That sucks.

That does suck, but I’m not clear on how problems with the welds are the architect’s fault. Seems like the issue is with the construction company.

But I think sometimes they name everyone in the lawsuit. Otherwise the construction company blames the architect in the lawsuit against the construction company and the architect blames the construction company in the lawsuit against the architect and no one gets anything.

BTW, the architect of the Humana building, Michael Graves, is the same one who designed the Portland Building… often cited as one of the ugliest in the country. The Humana building looks similar in some ways but appears to lack some of the features that make the Portland Building so reviled… such as teal bows on the windows (is it a building or a birthday present?) and a teal base.

I think that was brought up in the article, where the lead firm is often sued to reach subcontractors. They also brought up my first thought which was statute of limitations and whether or no liability policies 40 years old might even still be enforce.

1 Like

The statute of limitations ought be be very long (or nonexistent) for something like that, since 40 years is a pretty typical timeframe for when these issues are discovered. Remember the condo that collapsed in Florida? It was similar vintage.