News that makes you say WTF?!?!

Wow, I love chicken & waffles. It’s just a surprisingly great combo IMO.

That said I’m a maple syrup fan/snob, so any excuse to add more maple syrup is good. But it has to be real maple syrup. Not the corn syrup + imitation maple flavoring that (I’m assuming) is what they serve at the school cafeteria.

This is a different story than the one posted a few days ago? Sheesh!!!

I’m a maple syrup snob, too, but i don’t want it on chicken. That’s gross. I don’t even like duck l’orange, meat isn’t supposed to be sweet. The only exception is that i do enjoy cranberry sauce with poultry. But it’s the sour that makes it work.

1 Like

Yeah, it makes me wonder.

These people need a little training, I think.

1 Like

good chicken and waffles i don’t want straight maple syrup, it should be more of a maple or honey hot sauce. maybe a sweeter honey mustard

Whereas I would dip my chicken nuggets in honey when I was younger and preferred McDonalds because they had real honey as opposed to other places that had honey-favored sauce. (Even though McDonalds chicken McNuggets are inferior to many alternatives) I’m not as much of a honey snob as a maple syrup snob, but the real thing is still light years better than imitation.

The fact that so many places serve/offer honey, honey-flavored sauce, honey mustard, BBQ sauce, and heck even ketchup with meat tells me I’m not alone.

My favorite salmon recipe has a maple glaze. Honey glazed ham is pretty popular.

Yeah, you have explained what I’m missing. I know that sweet sauces are popular on meat, and i like them a lot less than most people. Sweet bbq sauce? I scrape most of it off. Chinese sweet&sour fried meat? I’ll pass. Maple glaze on salmon? Edible, but i prefer without. Honey mustard? Can’t stand the stuff.

I do eat ketchup on burgers, and cranberry sauce, as noted. Both have other strong flavors that are more important to me than “sweet”.

I bet you let your sausages get contaminated with the maple syrup when you have sausages with waffles or pancakes, too. :wink:

I like maple enough that i sometimes buy maple sugar candy, and i have an embarrassing collection of honeys in my cupboard, but i pretty much only use them on bready foods, like toast, pancakes, and popovers.

1 Like

I like sweet stuff even on meat, and I have ordered chicken and waffles from places where that dish was their specialty. There was a place in downtown Austin I went to last month where it was raved about, dinner lines for hours. They gave me a side of gravy and a side of maple syrup. I tried it all together, but decided the chicken/gravy and waffles/syrup were still better separately.

But I do generally like sweet sauce with my chicken nuggets, and even steak (I put a spicy raspberry preserve on my steak, it’s very good). And sorry to have to say, McDonald’s DOES have the best nuggets, at least way better than Wendy’s or BK - and my picky 7 year old agrees, so it must be true. Chik-fil-A’s are better than McD’s, yeah, but I don’t go there often. Mmmm, Polynesian sauce.

damn, not liking the sweet profile on savory things?
sweet and sour is such a staple combination flavor in both eastern and western cuisines, you’re missing out!

The only thing I don’t get is cranberry sauce with food. That don’t make no sense.

well. at least we agree that cranberry sauce is different from the typical sweet condiment for meat. :wink:

Cranberry sauce is disgusting. There’s a reason it’s a once-a-year “tradition”, and not a thing you shove into a doughnut everyday.

They mix sweet with savory here much more than any other country I’ve been to. I went to Runza’s the other day and it was like eating a donut stuffed with meat.

Huh. Turkey is bland and boring, and i only eat it once a year. But i eat cranberry sauce all the time. I serve it with roast chicken and i sometimes mix it with sour cream to make a simple ice cream.

I have a recipe for cranberry salsa, where you basically replace the tomato product with post-food-processor cranberries. It requires sugar to balance out the tartness of the cranberries. But you throw jalepenos, onions, and cilantro in too. It really is pretty good.

1 Like

Dude isn’t good looking, how did he pull this off?

Sounds like he’s very charming. And maybe targeting non-hot women as well.

Yeah, he’s not “oh wow, I want to look at that” hot, but he looks fine. Couple that with a lot of charisma and he’d be plenty attractive.

Lucy: NOT SUGAR!!!

Have you seen Pete Davidson’s track record. All his exes are hotter and richer than he is.

Naw, I often add some sugar to stuff with raw cranberries. Although I had unsweetened freeze-dried cranberries in my unsweetened breakfast cereal this morning.