News that makes you say WTF?!?!

The only dog that ever bit me was a miniature schnauzer. What a nasty vicious beast that thing was. It died after eating lawn poison, and all the neighbors thought someone probably intentionally left the poison where it could get into it.

It weight about 10 pounds, though, so it wasn’t very dangerous. Just annoying as all ****.

The owners replaced it with a new miniature schnauzer, which was nearly as bad. I don’t think they were good at training dogs.

I had a pretty traumatic encounter with two standard poodles as a kid. Apparently poodles can be pretty mean, and standard poodles are pretty big too. I don’t recall all of the details, but I vividly remember my mother in crazed-mama-bear mode hitting them both with a broom handle. I’ve never seen her like that before or since.

Side note: electric fences don’t just zap dogs on the way OUT… they also zap dogs on the way IN. Or at least the ones from the 1970s did.

Yes and I know 3 Rotwilers that nearly mauled my son when he was about 2 years old. I think the police eventually shot them in the guys backyard.

1 Like

dogs can just run through it if they can stand the moment of the shock.

Or no shock if they can get out of their collar (as a neighbor found out).

That’s what happened with the poodles. They ran out withstanding the shock but then they didn’t want to get re-shocked to get back into their yard.

We had a pit mix that was amazing and so gentle. We couldn’t keep her bc she kept jumping the fence. After she was found across the highway a few times we decided it would be easier to tell the kids she needed a new home than to tell them she was killed. Hop e you found a good home, Hunny.

My neighbor had to put down a very expensive dog because it ran out of their electric fence and attacked another neighbors dog.

They now have a new dog and new metal fence.

I hope the neighbor’s dog that got attacked was ok.

It’s a bit to unpack.

Wrestlers should have known that the bear was in a different weight class.

But, damn, that’s bravery (and/or stupidity).

1 Like

Neighborhood Watch is branching out to Neighborhood Dig.

Yikes!

more like Neighborhood Stand Around and Watch Someone Else Dig.

TBH, the title and lead-in lines are quite misleading. It might be far more accurate to say that the guy entered a “random person’s house . . .”. It’s quite possible that the house wasn’t “targeted” in the manner that the language here suggests.

To be clear, the situation is still WTF-worthy; just phrased to generate undue outrage, IMO.

1 Like

Does it matter whether he entered a random woman’s home or a random person’s home? Maybe it’s because I’m a woman, but they read just about the same to me.

1 Like

This sounds like the result of alcoholism. The guy just hit his rock bottom.

2 Likes
1 Like