News that makes you say WTF?!?!

Honestly, I don’t think I’m going to trust autonomous vehicles until they are fully autonomous (people can’t take over) and every vehicle on the road is autonomous.

Things will be a lot safer then, but the road to get there is going to be longer than I’d like.

1 Like

Yeah, I think partially autonomous can in some ways be worse than 0% autonomous.

don’t even get me started…

Yeah, I’m actually worried that I am one of those people who would be too complacent in an autonomous setting.

1 Like

so… um

I have questions

Turns out he wasn’t totally dead, just mostly dead. And mostly dead means partially alive.

5 Likes

True love brought him back.

1 Like

He said Too Bluff, he was cheating at cards.

cough cough “To blathe, which we all know means to bluff.”

4 Likes

gee Wally, but wtf?

True Love was what he had to live for.

The Miracle Pill was what brought him back.

1 Like

Well he’s dead for real now.

2 Likes

To be fair, it was going to take a miracle.

We still get to keep the money, right?

And the chocolate coating makes it go down easier.

1 Like

$7 Billion award? I’m guessing that gets reduced on appeal. But wtf were they doing sending that guy out on calls and not firing him?

1 Like

Lots/most states limit punitive damages. Here is what I found for Texas with a quick search.

In Texas, punitive damages may not exceed more than two times the amount of economic damages plus the amount equal to non-economic damages not to exceed $750,000 or $200,000, whichever is greater.

1 Like

$7,000,000,000 is not reasonable.
$750,000 is not reasonable either.

Something between those numbers seems appropriate.

ETA: Unless Charter is still potentially liable in a wrongful death suit. The total amount the family should get from all lawsuits should be a 7 figure amount IMO.

1 Like

This seems like it was pretty easy to avoid given the killer’s history and behavior at the company plus the lack of effort put forth by Cox. If we don’t subject individuals and companies to actual punitive damages when shit like this happens they have no reason to change their practices. They have $20B in annual revenues. $7B seems reasonable.

$7B seems a bit high but yeah the company has a valuation of $83B so they could just give them ~9% of the company.