News that makes you say WTF?!?!

I think what we are ignoring is to suggest motorcycles cause the same level of congestion as cars is simply lunacy.

1 Like

Lane splitting is really never safe. But then, neither is riding a motorcycle.

2 Likes

the world needs organ donors

4 Likes

Q: What do you call a motorcyclist without a helmet?

A: An organ donor.

There’s 2 types of bikers. Those who have been in a scary accident and quit riding and those who haven’t been in a scary accident to make them quit riding yet.

…you haven’t met many bikers.

2 Likes

not quite sure where to put this, so I’ll put this here for right now. This may go somewhere else later.

It seems that the issue w/ counterfeit/crap items being sold on Amazon is not just regular consumer goods, but also their original reason for being – books.

Counterfeit books on deep learning are being sold on Amazon, and not just little-known stuff, but some well-known titles:

Manning titles (and I buy from them directly on their site, not through Amazon) have been counterfeited through Amazon and have had their stuff replaced for months on Amazon’s own site. And evidently, Manning can’t do a thing about it.

Woman stabbed in the groin by 100lb sailfish that jumped into a boat as fishermen were trying to reel it in.

“The sailfish began to charge at the boat and then jumped out of the water and stabbed the woman in the groin while she was standing next to the boat’s center console, according to the Martin County Sheriff’s Office”

She had to be airlifted to the hospital.

You read that right, 120km…

1 Like

Definitely fits the thread title.

Even 20 years ago when i had a bookstore, reproductions of actuarial textbooks were a thing. Amazon never had inventory so it wasnt much of an issue.

I saw that yesterday. Didn’t even make sense to me. First question was why? Second question was that seems like a lot for a cleaning crew to manage.

MBS might be insecure about his foot size

but it’s silly, they haven’t even restarted construction on Jeddah Tower yet which is set to become the Saudi version of the Ryugyong Hotel.

It’s gonna take a while to run around the block.

Interoffice mail could take days to arrive.

3 Likes

“No, no, no, you want this to go to 163 H 48 AZ 3, I’m 168 H 48 AZ 3, really, happens all the time, no worries, should get over there in no more than a week, tops.”

3 Likes

No word yet on citations or charges.

My 83-year-old FIL is about to make a trip from West Virginia to my house on his motorcycle.

I will only note that it used to be the BMW drivers around here I noted as the assholes, but the Tesla drivers are the asshole drivers now, whether it’s the “autopilot” system doing it or the hands-on people.

anyway, personal auto lines folks – have fun!

Driver should be charged IMO. He is supposed to be paying attention and is responsible for the vehicle.

That said, it’s more evidence that Level 5 automation is further off than optimists would have you believe.

1 Like