News that makes you say WTF?!?!

University of Alabama decides to rename a building named for a former Grand Cyclops of the KKK.

What did they choose?

Summary

The went with a hyphenated name, Lucy-Graves Hall. Lucy for the first black student at the University, and Graves for the same Klansman. They even issued a press release about it:
Lucy-Graves Hall: UA building named for Autherine Lucy Foster on anniversary of enrollment - The Crimson White

1 Like

At first I had the reaction I think you were going for - like why would that even make sense to anyone to do that?? But after reading the article, it sounds like his actions while serving as governor attempted to make up for his involvement with the KKK, and he did renounce his membership. I’m not saying that it was a good idea, but after reading the article it doesn’t seem quite as crazy as I initially thought.

1 Like

That’s better but still, that refusal to let go… we have to share the name?

I have a friend who lives there… he was like… what?

Mayor of NYC says you can’t tell the difference between someone addicted to heroin and someone addicted to cheese. I really assumed it must be The Onion, but no.

I’ve always been just slightly worried about that when crossing a drawbridge. But I thought it was a silly irrational fear.

:flushed::grimacing::cry:

1 Like

I would have expected the mayor of a major city to have a passing familiarity with the issues around heroin addiction…

I want some of that cheese.

3 Likes

Do you? Then you’ll be addicted to it…

speaking of which, i made some very simple cheezy garlic bread with the cannelonis last night for dinner. Thin-sliced sourdough(ish) bread, some butter, sprinkle liberally with garlic, then top with a thick slice of fresh mozzarella and pop under the broiler for about 5 minutes. My kids couldn’t keep themselves from it.

Sweet dreams are made of cheese
Who am I do dis a brie
Cheddar the world and a feta cheese
Everyone is looking for Stilton

7 Likes

ew, Stilton.

Ain’t nobody got time for that.

that’s some good stuff

Vegans eat cheese???

Note to self, next time I visit Florida avoid condo towers and drawbridges.

this is more “that’s sad” than wtf, but…

I mean, seriously. that’s giving somebody their privacy a little too much

1 Like

70 is elderly??

How sad, to have no one miss you for two full years.

3 Likes

She was dead, it’s not like she noticed.

An ad for a pizza place “accidentally” features naked man.

Calling that an accident is likely BS, as it seems way too obvious for everyone to have missed before print. It’s probably a successful viral marketing campaign instead, but still funny.

From the advert: stop in for a sweet treat for your sweetie. LOL