News that makes you say WTF?!?!

Why? Think of all the shit you could do and blame it on your brother…

Not the best Studio C ever, but…

There was a Law & Order about this. Identical twins plotted to kill a guy. Deliberately left DNA at the scene so no one else would get blamed. (I think the murderer spit on the victim.) One had an airtight alibi while the other killed the guy and there was no way to prove which one did it.

It was basically the perfect crime and one of the few where they failed to get a guilty verdict.

1 Like

Want to know where Elon Musk’s private jet is located?

while the initial pic is a bit deceiving, this is still a fairly big cube of gold

that has got to be super heavy

2 Likes

I wonder if there’s a wallaby in the park right now… :tfh:

it’s wombats that shit cubes

1 Like

Cubes of gold??? Wow, those wombats must have iron sphincters!!!

that’s only $12 M? I would have expected a lot more than that. I must be out of touch on the market price of gold.

Seemed like a low value to me based on the size of the cube. However, clicking on the article revealed the details: "The cube measures over a foot and a half on all sides and has a wall thickness of about a quarter inch. "

Not a solid cube, so “only” 410 pounds

2 Likes

Oh so the tweet saying “solid gold” is wrong.

1 Like

It’s misleading. The material it is made of IS solid gold, though, right? But the entire cube is not solid gold, which technically it didn’t claim to be.

1 Like

Looks like fool’s gold, if you ask me.

1 Like

This reminds me why I hate modern art so much!!! :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Not sure this is art so much as a marketing campaign.

you shouldn’t believe everything on twitter

1 Like

What’s funny to me is how fake real gold looks

1 Like

Fool’s gold is usually cubic, even when found “naturally”. That was far more my point; but agree with you that a chuck of pure Au will fail to live up to the images portrayed in movies and TV.

Just for fun I did the calculation. Solid cube of gold would be about 4000 lbs.

And would be worth about $115 Million. I was right!

1 Like