News that makes you say WTF?!?!

It’s the Camel Man reinvented!

now, there was more to it than the headline, to be sure – they tried contacting her, and couldn’t get in touch w/ her. so it was only the first indication something was wrong

1 Like

:flushed:

I saw that article yesterday and thought of this thread.

I can’t understand the mindset of letting a 9 year old daughter being alone in palliative care for MONTHS without her parents because you don’t want to get a shot.

7 Likes

The poor kid

2 Likes

It’s worth fighting for, but not worth getting a stupid shot. People make no sense.

3 Likes

Dad brandishes gun at McDonalds’ drive-thru when they get his order wrong. They send him to the wait spot while they “fix it”. They call cops when cops come they get the guy out of his car without incident but then his 4yo son takes the guy and tries to shoot at cops. Cops are now saying dad told kid to shot the cops.

“Fortunately, an officer who saw the gun not only was able to push the barrel away from the direction of officers just as the gun was fired, but also recognized that the person holding it was a child and did not return fire.”

I wonder how the officer passed police academy.

2 Likes

USWNT wins even though NZ scores more. Too bad all of NZ’s goals were own goals. A hat trick by an unfortunate defender.

Ugh…I feel for her. I hope fans aren’t stupid towards her.

1 Like

if it was a nation’s men’s team from the right/wrong place, lives would be threatened. that’s not a good thing, but i think that’s what it would be.

maybe we will find out that the women’s game has reached that same level of ugly and stupid and can cheer for the equality that’s been achieved?

1 Like

Adults are harassing little girls for selling girl scout cookies because they think eating them is unhealthy or they believe fake news about cookies funding abortion. WTF people. It’s OK if you choose not eat cookies for health reasons, but don’t harass little girls about it.

Who’s cleaning those pods up?

Reminds me of the reef thread about getting caught discharging Private Johnson in the bathroom at work.

Took me a couple of seconds to remember the lovely British word w***, as in W***el rotary engine.

ETA: 30 minutes??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I wrote a short story in 2015:

Time To Walk The Dog
by Stephan James

Carl stood, stretched, and glanced at his watch. 10:15, almost break time. He sat back down and punched Jim’s extension. “Hey, man,” he said, “You about ready to go?” His fingers twitched in nervous anticipation of the rush he needed.

“Let me finish up this memo, then we’re gone, ‘kay?” Jim was good for that, always willing to make time to do his work. “Meet me in five minutes at the elevators,” he said, then hung up abruptly. Carl sometimes, only sometimes, envied him on his dedication to the tasks at hand. Personally, I couldn’t give a rat’s ear, as his grandmother used to say.

Carl left early enough that he would get a chance to wait. He did. Jim had to push the elevator button, and gave Carl a dirty look that said That was the least you could do. Carl shrugged. “What? I didn’t know how long you’d be.”

They had only been meeting for their breaks for a couple of months now. Carl had to introduce Jim to the company policy, in order to create an ally. The first half-dozen other guys he’d approached with the same offer had gently rebuffed him. “Do you remember when they asked you in the interview if you smoke or have other addictions?” he asked over lunch.

“Yeah, so? I don’t smoke,” Jim said, “and neither do you, right?”

“Neither do I,” Carl said, stirring his salad with a plastic fork. “Until I started wondering why they would ask that question, and I got to thinking.” Jim had kept eating his pita sandwich, waiting for the importance that was evidently coming soon. “I asked a guy I know in HR what he thought about it, and he said they had always asked that question, at least as long as he’d been there.” Carl drained his milk and burped.

“So I got him to do me a favor and look up why they ask certain questions. Did you know they only have about four different things they really need and the rest is just filler? They ask the most important stuff within ten minutes of meeting you.” Jim raised his eyebrows, an obvious attempt to get him back to the point. “Okay, anyway, like I was saying, they have to ask that question, because it’s like a state law that says if you’re addicted to cigarettes, you’re entitled to a break every couple of hours so you can concentrate.” He sat back, satisfied with himself, and smiled at Jim. Jim didn’t seem to understand at first, but with a little explanation, and some prodding, finally took the bait. Jim agreed to be a partner, and Carl thought he looked relieved to see someone who was so like himself.

So they’d started taking breaks together. Sure, it had been tough convincing some of the higher-ups that they were addicted, considering the fact that they hadn’t mentioned anything in their hiring interviews. One manager told them their level of addiction seemed somewhat extreme. Carl had even shouted at a VP who had threatened to terminate him if he didn’t settle down and let the whole thing blow over.

But, in the end, Jim and Carl were given regular breaks along with everyone else (“Fifteen minutes, no more, or you’re fired,” the HR director said), after three and six hours of work. They were entitled to it by common decency, they said. They deserved it, they said. They were being unfairly singled out for scrutiny, and why couldn’t everyone just let them do what they wanted? Sure, some people found it a disgusting habit, and Carl did himself, too, from time to time. But, what could he do? He was addicted.

At the lobby, they exited the elevators and turned right. Time to walk the dog, another of his grandmother’s phrases for things done regularly, popped into Carl’s head. Weird, he thought, and pushed it out of his mind. Out the north doors, through the crowds of smokers they had begun to recognize, and, as a pair, Carl and Jim crossed Virginia Avenue to the parking lot, where Carl’s truck waited. Once inside, bundled against the cold, they opened up their laptops they’d brought down from the eighth floor (“Nobody in their right minds leaves a fifteen-hundred dollar laptop in a car in winter, Jim”) and keyed up their logins:

www.sexjunkies.com\members\login\CRZ714******

Ahh, sweet release.

END

1 Like

You know how much money the average j*zz mopper makes per hour?

Box of human heads stolen from truck in Denver

DENVER (KDVR) – A box of human heads was stolen from a truck that was transporting the body parts for medical research, officials in Denver said.

Summary

The theft occurred Thursday morning at 11 a.m., when the Denver Police said someone broke into the box truck and took a cardboard box of human remains as well as a dolly. Sources told Nexstar’s KDVR the box was blue and white, and had “Science Care” written on the sides.

Inside the box? Human heads.

Science Care is a program for donating bodies to science to help improve scientific research and education. KDVR has reached out to the company to learn more about the intended destination.

“Pretty shocking. I guess I don’t see too many strange things happening around here usually, but you know you never know,” said Isaac Fields, a local resident who moved to Denver’s Central Park neighborhood about three years ago. “Wow! I would have been so terrified.”

Fields could only guess as to where the body parts were headed.

“Well, my wife does Ph.D. research at the University of Colorado Anschutz. So cadavers are definitely utilized in certain situations. And I’m assuming that was probably the case,” he said.

Still, questions remain. Where was the truck going? Why was it parked in the neighborhood? Who was driving? And who would do something like this?

Police could only confirm the heads were being transported to be used for medical research. They couldn’t share any further details, as the case was still active.

Neighbors, meanwhile, are wondering whether the suspect intended to steal the remains, or something else entirely.

So far no arrests have been made.

Police are currently asking the public to contact Metro Denver Crime Stoppers (720) 913-STOP (7867) with any knowledge of the location of the remains, or any information that can help identify the suspect or suspects involved.