News that makes you say WTF?!?!

I know I have read about it before and since I got much of my news from the AO, I’d guess it showed up there at some point. Could have even been in the News that makes you say WTF thread.

Will Smith hits Chris rock at Oscars then tells him keep my wife’s name out you effin mouth. Rock handles it like a champ.
I wish rock would’ve gone full stand-up comedian on Smith though.

I feel so bad for Chris Rock. He’ll find a way to make light of it I hope.

surprised there’s no thread on this here

it was a pretty soft joke. If it were Ricky Javais or Joan Rivers Jada would be ripped to shreds.

I hope whoever hosts next year makes a joke about this and see how Will Smith reacts, if he’s even invited back

Will Smith - The Sandbox / General - GoActuary

1 Like

soft joke?? you do know she is shaved do to illness?

yes. And comedians make fun of diseases and death all the time. GI Jane is at least pretty. It’ll be funnier if he called her voldemort

Yeah, I thought Ricky Javais’s last hosting gig there, his jokes were pretty brutal. Not sure if he riffed on someone’s illness (other than perhaps undiagnosed mental) but didn’t he get a lot of gasps and no laughs from the audience?

Eh, Will Smith should NOT have hit him, but Chris Rock DID deserve it IMO. Making fun of the hair of a woman with alopecia is beyond tasteless.

2 Likes

I thought “nobody deserves to be hit”. Isn’t that the standard line these days?

Yeah, Will Smith shouldn’t have done it. But Chris Rock was being an ass and I don’t feel even a little bit bad for him, even though Will Smith shouldn’t have done it.

I think that was his job at the moment.

So what happened here?

1 Like

People driving too fast (and/or driving at all) for the conditions. Times 100 or so.
And they say Californians can’t drive in snow…

I think that a man live-streaming on Facebook captured a pileup during a snow squall in Pennsylvania. That’s what I think happened there.

snow and fog mixed together creating zero visibility, people didn’t slow down, shit was crazy, a car was on fire, trucks rear-ended other trucks, and at the end videographer freaked out about his charger.

He can get another one from best buy for like, what, five or ten bucks? Nothing to freak out about, imo.

1 Like

Cats and dogs living together?

6 Likes