News Articles that might make the Lounge thread

That bill is really f’ed up. I know it must be painful, but thanks for posting, it has been eye opening for me.

2 Likes

Please read: Breaking the Trans Bubble

Missouri is trying something similar re: abortions.

1. There’s no way it should be constitutional.

2. With this Supreme Court…

The right to travel is pretty fundamental, but with this SCOTUS…

That can’t possibly be constitutional. How does Idaho’s jurisdiction extend to the rest of the US? I’ve yet to see their (potato) tanks in NJ.

The constitution says what the far right wing Supreme Court says it says.

1 Like

Well it’s illegal to transport someone under your state’s age of consent to another where the age is lower, so unfortunately there’s precedent for this sort of thing…

Is that a federal law then?

Read and bookmarked for reading again later. Thank you for your time and education.

1 Like

Americans dramatically overestimate the size of minority groups

Subtext: People think there are 65M transgender Americans and are still mostly silent on the legislative attacks of the past 15 months.

Meme

A 10 year old Quebec boy committed suicide in the past couple of days. Sadly, I can’t share an article because every single article in the media deadnames/misgender him. Even quotes from his parents.

Affirming your kids gender can save their lives.

RIP Alex.

After the NCAA decided to ignore USA Swimming’s recommendations, Lia Thomas competed and won the 500m free yesterday, becoming the first out trans woman to win a Division I NCAA championship in any sport. Her time was 9 seconds slower than the college record, and not in the top 10 times all time for the college women’s 500 free.

1 Like

The leaked decision basically accepts this argument. Griswold, Loving, Lawrence, and Obergefell will likely all fall in the next 12-24 months.

Yup.

I don’t think contraception will go away, I think that one will only be chipped at. None for kids, none from this health plan, stuff like that. And I doubt any state will try to outlaw interracial marriage, even if the SC lets them. But I expect we will see a return of sodomy laws and a bunch of states refusing to allow same sex marriages.

Mississippi argued that they should be allowed to ban inter-racial marriages as part of the current court case, so I’m not sure how you jump to the conclusion they won’t do it. Fascists aren’t known for not following through on hate.