News Articles that might make the Lounge thread

If you are so inclined to help fight the attempted TX genocide of trans children, Equality Texas is a great charity to give to.

What do they do?

They have two arms – the one I linked to is political advocacy, and they have a foundation that does educational type work to support LGBTQ+ people in Texas.

1 Like

All major medical associations support gender affirming treatments for youth

One of my rugby friends is shipping LGBTQ childrens’ books to Florida schools: Amazon.com

1 Like

That’s awesome

Texas DCPS has placed an employee on leave and opened a case against her because she supporter her daughter’s transition: https://twitter.com/MaryEmilyOHara/status/1498720139058954241

Rick Scott plan to drive trans people out of public entirely

So is there an underground railroad we can donate to?

I’ve seen some individual GFMs, and there is a user on twitter running an app that matches up Texas families that need assistance and other people that have assistance to give.

Here’s the app I was mentioning:

Lia Thomas tells her story to SI

HHS issues guidance that invalidates trans youth health care bans

Supreme Court of Mexico rules trans minors have the right to change their gender identity (link translates to English)

Texas removes LGBTQ suicide prevention information from state websites

Idaho proposes life in prison for providing gender affirming health care

Another nuts part of the Idaho bill: if you decide to take your child out of state for treatment since ID is banning it there, that would also be a felony

Yikes!

ID bill passed the house 55-13.