New Music Game

Send ur submish to IPD via PM.

You expect folks to read rules? We don’t need no stinkin’ rules.

2 Likes

I would have had a fantastic song for this round. One of the best songs of all time. (and recent)

If we thought round 1 knocked out some big artists, round 2 is surely to please (or disappoint) as well

I wonder just how long BTS will last before they get knocked out of any runnings.

A song with a color in the title

0 voters

This one is going to be a tough vote for me, deciding between 4 of them, all for different reasons…

Also, reminder not to vote for your own song!

1 Like

:face_with_head_bandage:

bumpin for votes!

1 Like

I think I would’ve gone with Raspberry Beret for a Prince song . . .

1 Like

I thought about Little Red Corvette.

2 Likes

No love for Diamonds and Pearls? Cream? Computer Blue?

Congrats to @Vorian_Atreides @YankeeTripper and @Kat987 for winning this round and splitting the 15 available points.

Thanks to @Marcie @Celalta @AbstractActuary and @BG5150 for entering this week for the first time but the crowd wasn’t welcoming as they split just one vote between the 4 of them.

I ended up deciding between Paint it Black (arguably my favorite song of the choices I had), White Room (heard this song a lot growing up, good memories), Mr Blue (Interesting song I heard for the first time) and The Red (reminds me of my wife because we share a playlist and she likes Chevelle a lot and added their songs. when people come over and hear it they usually guess it’s my additions to the list but nope, its hers!)

Ended up choosing The Red

2 Likes

Round 3
Submit a song without a repeating chorus
by repeating chorus I mean a part of a song that is repeated either exactly or very similarly, generally after a verse. It is usually the focal point of a song. I sure you all can figure it out :slight_smile:

For the lazy:
Artists no longer allowed->
Bad Company
Beach Boys
The Beatles
Billy Joel
Chevelle
Cream
Daughtry
Jimi Hendrix Experience
John Denver
Michael Jackson
Motley Crue
Prince
The Rolling Stones
Sublime
Ten Years After
Thin Lizzy
Yaz

Current scoring->
@Vorian_Atreides 7.66
@Kat987 5
@YankeeTripper 5
IPD 2.66
@OutdoormanNowActuary 2.66
@OldTimer 0
@DeepPurple 0
@Marcie 0
@Celalta 0
@AbstractActuary 0
@BG5150 0

There were 3 songs I wasn’t familiar with but wasn’t a big fan of any of them for various reasons, though I almost chose The Red as “best of the 3”. But just didn’t see me adding that to any playlist so just went with my favorite from the remaining. Though there were some good choices this round.

2 Likes

I had almost the same thought process, but I’m trying to honor the spirit of the thread so I did choose The Red as my favorite of the 3 “new to me” songs.

It would have been difficult to choose a single favorite or “best” song from the ones I already knew. Good list overall!

1 Like

Can we have longer to vote?

Also, do I get half credit? I submitted Paint It Black as soon as I saw this thread for the first time. It was just oo late.

Sorry, because there is scoring I have to have a hard cut-off date, so I give two days for voting. I think VA suggested longer voting periods so I am seeing how this schedule goes for now but will try an extended version soon.

1 Like