New Music Game

That’s what alts are for

:redcard:

Probably too late for this, but it feels like this rule might be needed:

no_stairway

1 Like

Sorry, @IPD can you remind me: what’s the submission deadline?

Also, taking this chance to :bump: the thread to remind others for more submissions.

I will accept entries until I post the poll which will be Sunday night. Though I am advertising to get them in by Saturday.

1 Like

We are up to 9 valid entries so far this round.

How many invalid ones?
:popcorn:

1 Like

I think yours might be the only one

By the way, since it was brought up in nearly half of the entries, I’ll say it here. I am not policing how well songs fit into the category of the week. That’s up to you, the voters!

I do police duplicate songs and artists no longer allowed though.

‘checks notes’
that might not be accurate

Songs about law enforcement.

I have two in mind already.

Do we get to make suggestions for future categories?

1 Like

He-- YES!

Doesn’t mean that IPD will take any, though.

2 Likes

LoL at least 5 songs in that list I considered submitting.

I accidentally created a multi-choice poll…

It’s early enough where I will re-create the poll… so sorry about that… Poll is being recreated as of 12:42EDT on Monday!

song without a repeating shorus

0 voters

In case anyone already voted…

You’ll need to vote again…there was a problem with the last poll.

@Vorian_Atreides
@Kat987
@YankeeTripper
@OutdoormanNowActuary
@OldTimer
@DeepPurple
@Marcie
@Celalta
@AbstractActuary
@BG5150

3 Likes

The universe of music exploration is a beautiful thing. One of the best parts, is when you spend a lot of time in that universe and still realize / recognize why some of “those same 20 songs” or maybe more accurately, those same 20 artists, are / were the best there is.

Having participated in many battle of the bands, it is nice to be able to submit the true best of the best, without restriction.

In addition, the format (a day or two to vote) does not lend itself to submitting unknown music. Those contests allowed 2 weeks to vote, and for many of us, we would listen to each song 5-100 times. As most of us know, the first listen to a song (even the 5th) will not necessarily always hit you in that perfect way. It wasn’t until I had listened to the songs 10+ times in multiple orders, sometimes multiple times a day, sometimes giving it a 3 day break in between, before you fully start to figure out which songs you really like and which you don’t.

2 Likes

^I guess it will also depend how people vote since there is no real objective criteria on how folks vote.