New Music Game

I think Satch is a better guitarist. I’ve seen him live, but never have I seen E Johnson. Johnson did win a grammy for that song as best rock best instrumental. Satch was nominated 14 times in that category without ever winning. I would have loved to see a night on the tour of Deep Purple with Satriani after he replaced Richie Blackmore.

I voted for Birdland. We played Birdland when I was in high school jazz band. Even though my sax part was not really a big part of the melody that was still a hard to perform piece.

I submitted Rodrigo Y Gabriela, so thanks to whoever voted for that. Flemenco guitar isn’t exactly my cup of tea, but these two are just awesome together. And I particularly love how Gabriela adds all the percussion sounds to the music by thumb-thumping on her guitar while she is playing. They are amazing musicians.

So are we on a break now or is their one final category?

One final category coming later today. I’ll give additional time to submit and vote since it’ll be the last one of the ‘season’.

Round 12: Submit a one-hit wonder

It’s a artist/band that has one song that completely outshines the others. We are not looking for other songs by the artist (that’s for another season), we want the well known one.

I’m thinking to end this season we’ll have some more well known songs out there, but who knows?

bump! final round of the season!

Couple of these I haven’t heard in ages.

Scrolling through the YouTube comments is a riot of some of these. Loved “Best FU song of the era.” Lol

A One-Hit Wonder

0 voters

Woopsie, new poll here! Not that many people saw the first one I posted anyway…

Makes me happy to see mighty mighty bosstones. I still listen to ska sometimes and my wife hates it.

I also laughed at thinking of Pachelbel as a “one hit wonder”. Nice submission.

2 Likes

There was a thread many years ago on the AO about “Classical One Hit Wonders”. That was kinda fun.

I see the new one, but can’t recall which one went away.

Or maybe an 11th was added with none taken

Just the addition

Well, I know 7 of these and a couple on on my phone already. Nice list. Daughter walked down the aisle to the Canon in D Major.

Only 2 I didn’t know, but neither am I considering. That means I get to pick from a bunch of songs I already like on this list.

I was considering two of the others on the list.

By nature of a one-hit wonder, I am not voting based on “new music” so much as “I can’t name another song from this artist, but can’t deny this one is great.”

:+1:t3:

This feels like the right criteria for me.

bump for last vote of the season!

Vote early, vote often!

1 Like