New Music Game Season #2

My two pump up songs I use most often in life are by Linkin Park (couldn’t use that band) and then also Shippin Up to Boston (selected this round so I didn’t pick it). I’m not sure if I would’ve picked the Dropkick Murphys as my entry had it not already been picked, but since it truly is a pump up song for me I had to vote for it this round.

I submitted The Interrupters. I discovered them 3 years ago or so and really like their stuff. This song fit the theme well I thought

I went down an Interrupters rabbit hole on Monday. She Got Arrested has become one of my new favorite songs.

2 Likes

They were going to tour with Weezer, Green Day, and Fall Out Boy in 2020 and I was gonna go but then COVID… I think the tour is up and running part time now though…maybe next year for me

I’m sorry to whoever submitted Florence or Legends: I was likely going to vote for one of those songs but missed the voting deadline. (Interrupters were also in my shortlist I considered).

Dog Days are Over is probably the song I’ve heard more than any other on this list. It’s a great song, and certainly parts of it have a pump up vibe (I always love the “Run fast for your mother” part coming off the pause)

This round will be easy on all of you:

Round 6: Submit a song by a British artist/musical group

That’s it. Is it a song? Did a British person/people perform it? Submit it!

Yeah I like Florence + the Machine too, Ship to Wreck is my favorite but Dog Days is a great one too.

And Godzilla by BOC has always been a favorite of mine but I’m not sure I’d call it a pump up song.

It needed more cowbell, imo.

Last time I submitted a song by a British artist didn’t go over so well (“I tried to make it through it several times but never could”) :smiley:

Hoping this time goes a bit better.

Which Irish bands are British (ie from Northern Ireland) vs non British (from the not-Northern Ireland)?

U2 is from regular Ireland, right?

What about the BeeGees? They are from the Isle of Mann, which counts as British, right?

Let’s go with them needing to be from Great Britian (The island including England Wales and Scotland), which does not include Northern Ireland either.

Well, I previously scored points with the best breakup song of all time (Martin Briley “Salt in my Tears”) for the One Hit Wonder week…

I have submitted the second best breakup song of all time this week. Let’s see if that will draw people’s attention.

Sorry I didn’t get around to voting. I listened a few times. And while I liked a lot, nothing really stood out to me.

Me and Florence are pretty sad about these results. Definitely the best song on the list, and pumps me up a lot.

Pink was my favorite song on the list and Florence was second, but I’d heard both of those a million times so voted for the new to me one I liked as well

This round is both easy and difficult. It’s easy to find songs by great British artists, even ones that haven’t been used in the game yet, but it’s hard to choose just one song (with an expectation of doing well with this group).

bump buh de bump, up to 8 entries!

I almost submitted a 23 minute song just to see if MayanActuary would make it all the way through again.

1 Like
British song

0 voters

Only one song I’m not a big fan of on this groups and one one song that’s ubiquitous, going to be a tough choice.

Originally I had Tom Jones and Tom Waits confused and I’m like damn I thought for sure Tom Waits was American and sure enough he is but he’s decidedly not Tom Jones.

I don’t really know Ed Sheehan music but I recognize him from the Beatles movie yesterday.

I never knew Gorillaz was from the UK.