New Music Game Season #2

Sorry I didn’t get around to voting. I listened a few times. And while I liked a lot, nothing really stood out to me.

Me and Florence are pretty sad about these results. Definitely the best song on the list, and pumps me up a lot.

Pink was my favorite song on the list and Florence was second, but I’d heard both of those a million times so voted for the new to me one I liked as well

This round is both easy and difficult. It’s easy to find songs by great British artists, even ones that haven’t been used in the game yet, but it’s hard to choose just one song (with an expectation of doing well with this group).

bump buh de bump, up to 8 entries!

I almost submitted a 23 minute song just to see if MayanActuary would make it all the way through again.

1 Like
British song

0 voters

Only one song I’m not a big fan of on this groups and one one song that’s ubiquitous, going to be a tough choice.

Originally I had Tom Jones and Tom Waits confused and I’m like damn I thought for sure Tom Waits was American and sure enough he is but he’s decidedly not Tom Jones.

I don’t really know Ed Sheehan music but I recognize him from the Beatles movie yesterday.

I never knew Gorillaz was from the UK.

Maybe not all of the members, but I think of them as a Damon Albarn (Blur) project.

First listen-through, there is a clear standout for me so far (other than my submission!)

• Leave a light on is maybe the only I’d choose to listen to, except
  • Wonderwall is a classic, but the furthest from “new” for me (seventh-grade school dance flashbacks), and
  • Galway Girl. Love the song, good memories from Galway, but not new and I don’t love Ed Sheeran. He’s fine.
  • The Great Escape was okay. I wouldn’t return to listen again but yeah, not bad.

I remember making that connection one day where I was like “wow thats the same singer”. Song 2 is a 90’s classic

1 Like

Lots of good songs this week. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a wide distribution of votes as I thought quite a few were contention-worthy. Two I knew really well already and enjoy both as nostalgic hits (Gorillaz and Wonderwall). Ended up voting for a new one I liked.

1 Like

Bumping for votes!

I always feel rushed with this game. The timelines are short.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing this week. We’ve been getting fewer votes and I think it might be best to make it a little more casual and give a full week or so for voting.

Make Voting Windows Longer (week or more)?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I plead the 5th

0 voters

I’m libel to forget to vote the longer the window is but I’m ok either way.

1 Like

I liked a lot of these song. In the end I was between Flathead and Dream Catch Me. But something I just liked a little more about Flathead, I think it was the guitar riff.

And this was another week I submitted a new to me song. Found a couple other “new” British bands I liked in addition to the Lathums I my use one or two for a future category.

On band I really wanted to like was “Let’s Eat Grandma” but I just couldn’t really get into their music, I didn’t hate it, just wasn’t really my thing. Unfortunately youtube now thinks they should be in “my mix”.

I’m a big fan of The Fratellis, their most famous is Chelsea Dagger (thanks Chicago Blackhawks and beer commercials) but everything from their Costello Music album is solid including my favorite which is Flathead (which is why I submitted it).

It was a tough choice this week, and I went back and forth between The Great Escape and C’mon Billy before ultimately voting for the Lathums. Dream Catch Me was also in the mix.

Clint Eastwood is a classic in my mind but not enough so to pull my vote away from a new to me song. Had “Delilah” by Tom Jones been submitted instead of “Daughter of Darkness”, well maybe ol’ Jonesy would’ve got some love this round.

My favorite YouTube comment on the fratellis song-

“We could only afford ten seconds of choreography, so for the rest of the time, we just told the girls to sit there and wiggle awkwardly.”

1 Like

:exams:

1 Like