Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

My money is currently on halbrand being Sauron.

I’m also more convinced that Adar will be the witch king.

Then again, I think it’s possible that Adar is an elf. Maybe repurposing someone like Eöl or Maeglin. That would tie in the black sword.

I think they’d need rights to The Silmarillion for that though

I read somewhere that meteor man may be one of the blue wizards. that makes the most sense to me. they can get a gandalf like character without having to use gandalf himself.

i think the witch king has to be a man, and adar appears to be an elf.

Blue wizard fits with the cannonical timeline. Gandalf fits in with the “likes hobbits”.

I wonder if the people who were investigating the crater were somehow related to the blue wizards.

Adar could be the mouth of sauron.

Adar could also be an elf who helped morgoth create the orcs, which would explain them calling him father. would not rule out him also being the mouth.

I can see this happening but I’m still 100% convinced that Halbrand is Sauron.

That does seem like the most likely theory

Ep 5 makes a direct play for ambiguity around Adar. Halbrand still seems to have internal conflict that Sauron wouldn’t have, but it could be an act. Part of my uncertainty has to do with how closely they will follow canon, in that Sauron still seems to most to be helpful (in part by forging the rings) until he reveals his true designs. Adar doesn’t appear to be able to manage such a deception.

I thought we learned last week that Adar wasn’t Sauron, when he talked about the sunlight in Eregion in his youth.

Yes, that was a clue, but not as strong as his non-acknowledgment in this episode (5) His profession of a desire to remake the world and be a god in the prior episode (4) sounded a lot like S to me though. Now it seems a lot more likely he is a lieutenant to S.

IFYP

Eregion is where Celebrimbor lives and the rings end up being made.

Oops, thanks.

Such a good episode!

1 Like

Huh. I’m thinking that all the main characters are dead. Who survives that?

I mean, i know they aren’t, because then where would the show be. But they should be

If Halbrand is Sauron and evil does turn fire cold like they said earlier then none of that volcano may be hot

Do you think his powers extend to preventing people from suffocating on ash?

If galadriel can swim across an ocean and survive, i think she can handle some ash.