Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

probably. she’s a danger to society

uh oh did I just read a spoiler

1 Like

So I’m catching up on this saga too. It seems like Johnny Depp was abusive as she claims he was but that she was pretty bad too. She claims she was defending herself.

He was arrested for assaulting a security guard, and his ex-girlfriend says he threw a wine bottle at her.

She was arrested (charges later dropped) for assaulting her girlfriend.

What a horrific mess.

I don’t get why his legal team got so excited that she brought up Kate Moss. Even if Kate Moss comes in and testifies that Depp never pushed her down the stairs, it seems like what matters is that Heard at the time believed the rumor that he had (or so she claims). Whether the rumor was actually true or not seems less relevant than her belief. It’s not like in the moment she can say “hold up, before you continue your physical attack on my sister, can you just sit tight for a few minutes while I give Kate Moss a ring on the phone to learn whether my fear of you pushing my sister down the stairs is a reasonable one or not.”

(Or am I confused and did Amber Heard start the rumor about Depp and Moss??? If she started the rumor then I guess that’s different.)

If I was the judge I don’t think I’d allow Kate Moss to come in and testify on the basis that it’s irrelevant. Obligatory IANAL.

Ok, the ex-girlfriend says the description is wrong.

Winona Ryder and Kate Moss are on Team Johnny, but Jennifer Grey says he was “crazy jealous and paranoid” during their brief romance and ex-girlfriend Ellen Barkin testified against him in a different lawsuit about the bottle-throwing incident (which Depp claims never happened).

Depp is also accused of punching (multiple times) a location manager on set in 2017. Lawsuit coming this summer. And he was arrested in 1999 for threatening paparazzi with a plank of wood. Charges dropped. That’s in addition to the 1989 arrest for assaulting a security guard and the 1994 arrest for trashing a hotel room.

I dunno, I think I’m leaning towards Team Amber.

I’m leaning far more towards “Both have significant issues to be addressed, possibly with professional help.”

5 Likes

Well yeah, I was sort of taking that as a given. But she seems less in the wrong than he does IMO. Based on what I currently know. I certainly reserve the right to change my mind.

i forget, why do any of us care who is at fault in whatever these crazy (but rich) people are doing?

1 Like

cuz we want captain jack sparrow to be back!!!

1 Like

It’s a train wreck that’s hard to look away from. Also has implications in terms of scaring victims from speaking out / harming the MeToo movement.

Johnny Depp has a history of being abused. Amber Heard has a history of being abusive. Depp is reacting to her abusive behavior by throwing tantrums. It’s wrong, but almost anyone would go insane if they are constantly harassed. He’s doing whatever he can to get her to stop emotionally and physically abusing him. That’s what makes this a train wreck. Amber Heard is in the wrong and I hope he wins the lawsuit. Men can be abused too.

Men can be abused, but he has a history of being abusive before he even met Amber Heard.

Him getting drunk and throwing a wine bottle at nothing is not equally as abusive as Amber Heard cutting off his finger with a wine bottle

Which she says she didn’t do. And also, she says he raped her repeatedly that night.

That said, if she’s lying about the rape and she did cut off his finger on purpose not in self defense, then that’s pretty bad.

Hard to say what really happened though.

She isn’t lying in her head. She has to have a mental disorder. Too many signs of it. Depp’s lawyer is trying to trigger whatever mental disorder she has in court. Look at how much the lawyer and Depp flirt with each other when Amber Heard is looking at them.

She very well might be insane, but says something about Johnny Depp to go for an insane chick to begin with. Its not like he couldn’t find better. He chose to be with an insane chick.

He has a severed finger??? Yeah idk if he raped me nonstop necessarily would explain her cutting off his finger. Sounds like a weird defense there that could be fabricated

This was from before she took the stand. But IIRC, her claim that he raped her repeatedly with a wine bottle is from the same night, but she denies severing the finger saying that he did that to himself.

And she had injuries to her feet due to all of the broken glass. She did not seek medical attention though, saying she didn’t want to get him in trouble… which is also the reason he gives for telling people that he cut his finger himself.

Another witness says he cut his own finger off, but from what I can tell she’s just testifying that he said he cut it off himself. Doesn’t necessarily disprove his claim that he was lying when it happened.

Warning: this contains graphic descriptions; read at your own discretion/risk

Sounds like he has a history of addiction, of lying about his addiction (claiming he’d been sober during a period when there’s pretty clear evidence he wasn’t), and being verbally and physically abusive.

It also sounds like she was verbally abusive. A hot mess. But verbal abuse doesn’t justify physical abuse.

1 Like