Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

There was a post on reddit with some clips from his testimony in the trial. It could be a comedy special on Netflix.

Sounds to me like she is the abuser and not him. Of course men are held to a much higher standard here than women, but she has cleared it for me based on the evidence.he presented to back up his testimony.

I think a lot of women are the abusers in relationships, especially verbal abuse. I think that mostly gets ignored though

Where do you draw the line between being a bitch and being verbally abusive?

being a bitch kinda is verbal abuse. not sure. i need examples.

What about something like: wife bitches at husband for not doing enough after he spends all day with kids and cleaning the house while she goes shopping and drinks wine with friends?

hmmm, not sure. those people likely could use couple’s therapy or a divorce. maybe just a bitch rather than abusive. doesn’t sound healthy.

actually, i think it depends on how often the wife is yelling at him for things like that. if it’s constant, that can be verbal abuse.

Borderline sure.

What if you flip the roles?

lol now you’re making me rethink my stance and it’s abusive either direction.

in my experience women do tend to be more verbally abusive than men, but that’s likely just the people i interact with.

Lot’s of self absorbed narcissists out there. If the behavior your describing is a regularly occurring thing than I would imagine worse is being done on less than regular intervals. In my experience abusive folks tend to pretty regularly behave like run of the mill $hitty folks.

Right? Women get away with a lot of things where men would be called an abuser. At worst, they need counseling.

I (a male just to be clear) was sexually harassed at high school by several girls. At the moment her, there is a big push in high schools to stop sexual harassment. However, all of it appears to be about boys doing stuff to girls. None of it would have helped me back in the day.

My example is one of the things my ex did. Not to get into all the details, I thought it was just a difficult relationship, but looking back, I think it was more than that.

Reversing the roles, I think it would have been seen very differently. More than just a bitch or pain in the ass spouse.

1 Like

ah, i was wondering if this was a personal anecdote. good that you got out of that relationship. sounds toxic.

1 Like

Talking to my son today. We decided this trial is an advertisement to the rest of the world. Do not date these people.

I’m surprised that people would need this.
I thought it was a well-known fact that most actors are crazy. Some hide it longer and better than others.

ifyp

lol objecting to his own question

Should Amber Heard lose all her roles like Johnny Depp did?