I'm Over __ Years Old, But I've Never ____

Were you drinking? It’s hard to differentiate the effects if you’re doing both.

Also, if you’ve had food it’ll take hours before the edible kicks in. You might’ve felt the peak of it when you’ve already gone to bed.

Ah, 10 pm was definitely after bedtime, and I lived on the east coast then. Pretty sure 9 was bedtime.

I think I’m gonna watch The Godfather tomorrow, if Mr aj can find his DVD.

1 Like

Did you at least google the JR shooter while you were at it?

I’ve seen 2 of those movies on the list of 37. Sound of Music (watched in 5th grade class, have seen bits and pieces again since) and Roman Holiday (watched with my grandmother recently).

Alas, the only place you can stream it is on the Paramount App. You can rent it from Apple TV for 4 bucks. Other rentals can come from other apps like Amazon, YourTube, VUDU, RedBox and a few others.

Source: Just Watch app.

You may be able to get a copy from your local library, too.

Kristin shot JR

It was on Fridays for most of its run.
It was on at 8pm central time for most of its run (9pm on the coasts)
It was on in the 1980s and 1990s so you would have been a teenager for most of that time, not a little kid?

I remember who shot JR, or did I just dream it?

2 Likes

Nope, haven’t had any alcohol this week. My spouse generally doesn’t drink, and I don’t like drinking by myself. I drink when I go out with friends.

You had a gummy and had no effect? It takes about an hour.

I did not google the JR shooter bc I don’t think the answer would be very meaningful to me.

1 Like

Wow, yes, a teen in the 80’s and taking exams in the 90’s. But was JR not shot in the late 70’s? If not I am associating that discussion with the wrong school bus.

Fun fact: My SIL had her wedding reception at the place where the show was filmed. I think? Or maybe the show was based on this location? A ranch? IRL north of Dallas proper.

Anyway your fun facts show just how very little I was invested in this show. Different Strokes and Facts of Life, OTOH…

1 Like

Duncan Acres, now called Southfork Ranch. An Events and Convention Center now.

1 Like

I ate the gummy just after 7, went to sleep around 10:30. The only thing I noticed was wanting something to eat, so I had dessert around 9. My spouse kept asking if I felt anything, and that was all I could come up with. I woke up just as much during the night as usual, so I don’t think it helped there either.

Whatever you do, suppress the urge to take more.

1 Like

I’m over 70 and I’ve never broken a bone.

2 Likes

Bold move including hip in your user name at this point

I actually think that one’s kind of overrated. If I want to watch a classic Christmas movie I’d MUCH rather watch the original Miracle on 34th Street.

I mean… It’s A Wonderful Life is OK… but… meh.

1 Like

So the next po’tacular will feature skiing, followed by watching old movies and TV shows while getting stoned and eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that are heated in a toaster oven?

5 Likes