If you could travel for 3 weeks anywhere (after the pandemic), where would you go?

I’ve posted a number of his recordings here.

I’ll be attending his August 20 concert in Waco, TX.

I would go straight to the hammock in my backyard.

If you are into fingerstyle guitar picking, I have another recommendation for you: Adrian Legg. I had never heard of him back when I first saw him in the early 1990’s. He was the opening act for John Mayall. I was completely blown away hearing this man and have been a fan ever since. He’s getting a bit old now, so I don’t think he’s done any touring since COVID hit.

https://www.johnmayall.com/tour

Man, I can’t believe Mayall is still touring. I thought he was past his prime when I saw him in the 1990’s

I saw adrian legg in the mid 90’s in a dive in Lincoln NE (the zoo bar). had never heard of him but the posters advertising him made him seem special. his style was unique and he was amazing. but i recall none of the rest of it

I didn’t know I was until the You Tube Al Gore Rhythm introduced me to Mr. Smith. I will check out your recommendation. Thanks!

I’m also considering/hoping to attend an Ana Vidovic concert…probably the Englewood CO one.

I just got tickets for the World Series of Darts at Madison Square Garden.

“Traveling” will merely involve hopping on the 1 hour train ride. We may stay over; there’s gonna be a lot of drinking involved. It’s a Sunday night, so hopefully the rooms will be reasonable.

Maybe even gasp stay Saturday and Sunday night. Almost like a vacation!

Anywhere? New England in the fall.

(This always makes me think of The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything. I’ve been to Boston in the fall but it was for an SOA meeting and it was cold and I was stuck indoors during daylight.)

1 Like

If I could travel for three weeks, I would go to Switzerland. This country is rich with beautiful ethereal nature. I would like to spend one week in three cities: Zurich, Geneva, and the capital, Bern. Switzerland is famous for its natural attractions. There are mountains, waterfalls, and lakes. I like to travel and discover new places. Traveling is a way to relax, get inspired, and start doing great things. What do you imagine when you think about traveling? I associate travel with the beginning of something new. Unfortunately, you can’t always afford a dream trip because of the high costs. But thanks to VRBO Discounts, you can save money on travel or get cashback.

1 Like

I’ve never licked a spark plug, and I’ve never sniffed a stink bug, and I’ve never painted daisies on a big red rubber ball…

2 Likes

I think I would go to Asia and just see as much as I could, especially of the smaller countries.

Three weeks… I might try to do Patagonia, but that’s a little bit tight. Unless I rented a car.

NA is on a good path, I think in three weeks I could hit a couple parts of Thailand, quick stop in Cambodia, then a couple places in Vietnam. I think I’d just bring a backpack with 2-3 outfits and toiletries. And sunscreen, because I’m basically translucent.

2 Likes

3 weeks? I might hit the Faroe Islands, with a couple of days in Copenhagen.

I’m off in May for three weeks backpacking around Cambodia and Vietnam. Flying in and out of Ho Chi Minh City as it was a convenient base and flight connections from Vancouver are good and cheap. Will skip other countries in the region as I used to go to them on business.

4 Likes

All three are done with another chance to take in a Richard Smith concert. I’ve seen him twice in person already but he’s going to be in my neighborhood.

April:
18th Mineola, TX
19th Mansfield, TX
20th Sweetwater, TX
21st Lubbock, TX
24th Clovis, NM
25th Santa Fe, NM
26th Los Alamos, NM
27th Albuquerque, NM
28th El Paso, TX

May:
1st Tucson, AZ
4th Sedona, AZ
5th Flagstaff, AZ
17th Salt Lake City, UT
18th Provo, UT
22nd Boise, ID
24th Bozeman, MT
26th Darby, MT
27th Missoula, MT
30th Seattle, WA
31st Vancouver, WA
Check the concerts page for the full schedule and details Here

New Zealand, Iceland, and Japan are currently on my list.

2 Likes

OK, looking through this thread for anything to respond to (backyard was finished in October, so will be spending a lot of time not spending any more money out there, and inviting others to join us):

WTF does this mean?

My company doesn’t have a required vacation time. I get PTO and I can use it whenever I want, and it accrues to twice the annual amount, and then, if/when I don’t take enough time off it stops accruing.
I also live in a place that really requires a vacation spot to be better than it, if I’m going to spend time and money over sipping margaritas in my own backyard. I totally understand midwest and northeast state residents’ and euros’ need to get away. Those places just beg for vacations away from (IMO), especially in Winter.
So, I’m not planning or even dreaming of going anywhere for three weeks straight. Even after retiring.
OK, maybe a three-week RV trip (or maybe an EV trip?) around the western states to visit national parks. Just to get through wife’s bucket list.

I’ve heard of this in banking and for accountant roles, where folks have direct access to funds. Oftentimes if someone is trying to cover things up, they need to have constant coverage over what they are doing. By being gone a week, it can expose discrepancies.

I’ve never heard of any actuarial roles requiring the one full week off rule, though I’m sure they are out there.

3 Likes