I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

It’s going to be a nice weekend for that. :diving_mask:

I would think you could find some around October. Seems lots of teams are able to find stuff like that. Maybe not shoes?

Seems some of these are hot pink and not just pink.

Tickets for Jason Isbell at the Ryman Auditorium go on sale in an hour. Hoping I score some.

2 Likes

Score! 10/20 performance.

2 Likes

now all you gotta do is organize the Po-Tacular for Nashville in October!

Come on down everyone. I’m probably arriving Fri 10/20 and leaving Sunday. I’m driving, so timing is flexible.

Its possible I will do Thursday - Saturday instead, which probably isn’t as conducive to a meetup.

My wife is trying to plan a girls’ trip there. Girls are all over (gone mild, though): NoCal, SoCal, NJ, WA, and England. One has family there, would be visiting anyway for a month or two. Possibly in Oct. Anyway, I’ll sneak in via her baggage.

CCA Annual Meeting is the 16th-18th. If you start it early enough I’ll be there for a beer.

You’ll get to ride on the luggage carousel. I did that as a kid once.

I bought 8 1600 lumen 3000K dimmable Cree light bulbs. I was originally planning to buy 2 2700K lightbulbs, to go with 2 I had in a new overhead light. But they seem to be sold out. I could find some 3rd-party resellers offering them for $25/bulb. I decided to go with the still-available 3000K, instead, and buy a bunch, to have replacements.

I have had bad experience with Cree’s durability in the past. I won’t give them a chance ever again. I hope they have fixed their quality problems.

I love them. I’ve had trouble with the durability of every LED lightbulb I’ve tried. But the crees have a really nice quality of light and dim smoothly without flickering. I just buy new ones when they fail.

I am not really one who uses the dimmer, so if that works for you, great. I just chafe at the extra waste of a bulb that lasts less than two years and extra cost of a Cree.

I use dimmers all the time. I’m also sensitive to the quality of light. I struggled for years with horrible fluorescent lights that made me feel ill. The cree bulbs are nearly as good as incandescent lights in light quality, don’t get hot, and are cheap to run. I realize the last two are true of every LED, but they are nice features.

I had a few failures with Cree and switched to Philips… but what I like most about the Philips is the ‘warm glow’ where the light gets warmer as you dim it. Especially like it in my old house.

But Cree are widely regarded as the gold standard, and I hope they serve you well for many years!

Saturday funzies:

https://www.nationaltanningexpo.com/

TRRS headphone to USB connector. I’d been using my personal laptop at work for slack/webex(/tunes), but they’ve put a stop to that. So I started using the company-provided USB Plantronics headset through their thin client. The headset is absolutely horrible and my ears start hurting after minutes. So I’m moving back to my more comfortable headphones.

New shoes for my birthday!!!

4 Likes

i like the dark highlight (is it blue or black?)

happy birthday