I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

:oops:

nothing to be alarmed by. the ho chi minh profile is subtle

I’d also point out that neither the storage tank, nor the jersey, actually has a rainbow on it. Many colors, yes, but no rainbow. The jersey looks good - way better than a standard Celtics jersey.

2 Likes

but to DTNF’s point, it might as well have a “bud light” patch on it.

the guy has some other shirts that I think are super cool too. but…not a tank wearer. in general people ask me to cover more of myself

like this one is also cool IMO

1 Like

Me too. But mostly because my normally-covered skin parts will burn instantly.

My kids are redesigning their rooms a little, repainted and got rid of some clutter, so we bought them moon pods. That would get us up to 4 bean bag esque furniture items in our house - have a lovesac and a Costco giant pillow looking thing in our living room currently. Hope they’re good.

1 Like

Bedroom set. I’m actually not buying it - someone is giving it to me. They’ve downsized, tried to sell it, but couldn’t. I got wind of it and offered to buy it from them. They were happy to give it to me. Took me 5 years to get my own bedroom set.

6 Likes

A laptop for my kid. He’s tended to tie up my wife’s laptop and occasionally mess up the desktop. It’s gonna be pretty bare basic and Windows, since that’s what he’s been using. I thought about going Chromebook, but 1) it’s not what he’s used to 2) he really likes the Windows logo and Windows key.

3 Likes

Not today, but as soon as I can:

Dune: Spice Wars on Steam (steampowered.com)

Because I’m a Dune fanatic . . . and this looks like you could play single-player mode.

1 Like

My therapist agrees that journaling would be good for me. So I used it as an excuse to upgrade my Kindle to the Scribe. It’s sweet.

AND. And. The Kindle store now has a Write-in Books section! Not many items so far; mostly crosswords and sudokus. But what I’ve been wanting is starting to be a thing!

4 Likes

That would be nice for things like study guides.

Also: The extra 30 bucks for the premium pen is totally worth it. I love that I can flip the pen around and erase on the fly.

3 Likes

DieHard battery. for my Die-Hard car.

1 Like

And, installed it myself!
It was not squeezed into a small compartment like my son’s Prius. That install sucked.
But, the bolt on the negative node is getting stripped. Makes it a lot harder to steel, I guess.

Inquiring minds want to know…
What year Prius is this?
I own 2017 & 2018 Priora. Shady oil change place said the 2017’s battery sb replaced … and that it would cost thousands of dollars to do so.
How did you know it was truly time to get a new battery?
Did you use the YouTube for instructions or are you a car mechanic in your spare time?
Back in the day, I changed my own oil. I currently change my own wipers and air filters. If you have any dire warnings about me trying to DIMyself, I’ll take hed of it.

Dwight Schrute : Yes, I shouted “fire”! I shouted many things! I also shouted instructions on how to get out of the building, so you can imagine my frustration as safety officer when nobody would heed of what – heeded…

Michael Scott : Hed. Hedded.

Dwight Schrute : When no one hedded…

Michael Scott : Take hedded of.

Dwight Schrute : N- no one would take hedded of my instructions.

Michael Scott : Heed. Heed.

1 Like

Sheesh, please keep your questions numbered … in case of emergencies.

1. 2004
  2. Um, this was the simple 12V battery, not the thousand Volt, or, Watt, or Ohm one.
  3. The car wouldn’t start, after my son was away for several months, even though I drove it about once a week.
  4. I simply removed the small 12V battery from its little hidey-hole in the trunk. It is not rocket science, although if the battery is dead, the hatch won’t open, so there is some Mr Fixit solution for that: use cables to start the car, open the trunk, proceed as planned.
  5. Again, the small 12V, and not the Hybrid-using battery array. I think that thing is pretty heavy and it might not be easy to get to.
    Fun tip: DO NOT LEAVE THE KEY INSIDE AND CLOSE THE DOORS WHEN JUMP-STARTING. The first thing this Prius does is lock the doors when the juice starts flowing.
1 Like

Tuba Skinny just dropped* a new album on Bandcamp. I bought it without hesitation. It includes their rendition of “When They Ring Them Golden Bells” which I enjoy very much.

Is that the word the kids use these days? Maybe I should’ve just said “published”…or “released a record” :heynow:

Since you asked, apparently it’s pretty easy.

Edit, after watching: Sweet code reader, uses bluetooth and an app on the phone and it’s very small instead of a handheld monitor. the one shown was $100+, but there are others as little as $20.

1 Like

I am often drawn to spend money on experiences rather than things. I managed to land the toughest reservation in the city and hope it’s worth the billing. It’s a multiple of what I might normally spend for a nice meal out. I am excited about it

2 Likes