I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

How’s the road noise and ride quality?

Road noise is 8/10, ride quality 9/10, grip 10/10.

1 Like

I’m off to Ace to buy a new thermometer for the Big Green Egg. The one I have is old and condensation got in a few years ago, now it’s sticking. It was ripping hot tonight and showing 250°, no. I know these aren’t super accurate but it’s a good gauge if I’m just making burgers etc.

And I’m almost out of balsamic. I’m gonna re-order the same stuff unless @NerdAlert has a better idea.

2 Likes

I’m on my fourth order!

Well all right. Guess I’ll just do that again.

1 Like

Did not buy these today but they arrived today. Nike allowed me to make my own custom designed pair of Nike Dunk Lows. I jumped all over that and here is the final product.

3 Likes

as I said to my kid yesterday “sweet Dunks.” I still don’t own any myself (cheap actuary).

1 Like

Nice verbiage.

I decided to go zero-drop (heel same height as the front) with Altra Lone Peak 6, to see if it would be easier on my middle-aged knees during runs. Not as fashionable but I’m looking forward to see how my body responds.

2 Likes

I’ve been cooking a lot of Asian food lately. Considering a wok, anyone got a suggestion for a good wok?

My parents gave me one of these for Christmas, and I have been pretty happy with it:

I make a lot of thai style dishes and chicken fajitas on an electric cooktop. I use the largest “burner” even though the glowing area is much bigger than the base of the wok. I think it helps to heat up the sides like a gas burner. If you like chicken in your stir fry and are a Costco member, the vacuum sealed pulled rotisserie chicken breast is awesome in both.

1 Like

Crap, I hadn’t seen this. I will definitely look for this, it sounds like it could be really convenient to have on hand.

Will also check out that wok, TY!

At my costco they have it in the prepared food section. I’m pretty sure it’s not from the chickens they cook in the store.

I have trouble in stir fry with raw chicken as it seems to give off to much water that makes veggies mushy and any sauce watery. That might be an issue with the electric cooktop not heating a wok hot enough. This stuff will just go straight to getting the brown/ caramelized bits without getting dried out.

1 Like

You could try cooking the chicken first, then taking it out and drain the extra liquid. You can then cook the other ingredients and then put the chicken back in towards the end. Alternatively, cook the chicken in a separate pan and then combine it with the other ingredients in the wok towards the end.

1 Like

Agree with all that, this is a bit of my own stubbornness in wanting it to all go in the wok. Every once in a while i feel like i nailed it. I may have just been letting the veggies cook too long before adding the chicken, and they contributed to the water issue. Regardless, the pre cooked chicken is just so much easier all around.

I went to Zazzle and made some t-shirts of Kay Nielsen pics.

i am not likely to wear a basketball tank, like ever. but this version is super cool to me.

the gas tank was a prominent landmark where i grew up

1 Like

Woke Celtics??

1 Like

I don’t have any good way to run audio cables to my subwoofers. Dealt with exposed wires long enough, I ordered some wireless things from SVS so I can ditch the wires!

There is very little latency (14ms) and I can correct for that with DSP. Should be fun.

I don’t think so. I think the design predates rainbows being adopted as an LGBT symbol. Although I’m admittedly not certain when the latter occurred. I recall driving past the tank as a little kid though. Article says 1971, which checks. I don’t think rainbows as LGBT symbol are that old. I assume that wouldn’t have gone over in 1970s Boston like it would today.

Missing humor again, eh? Quick note: The use of two question marks is a visual cue and clue. I’d do more, but the max is three in a row on this website. Oh, I could put spaces between them, but it won’t look as good.

My comment was a big “Duh” to all thinking humans.
MAGA Tweet-storm has yet to start, but Social Media-ologists are concerned.

Disclaimer: there are no such thing as a Social Media-ologist who can predict Tweet-storms. I just made that up. As a joke. You see, it’s a play on “Meteorologists” who predict weather. It’s a lot funnier now that I’ve explained it.

(Sigh) That was a joke, too.

2 Likes