I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

This is the way. Memories are worth far more than stuff. Stuff is only valuable insomuch as it assists in forming the memories.

Bought an FPS wallet. Old one doesn’t fit comfortably into my new clothes, needed something smaller, plus have wanted this style of wallet for a while.

FPS Wallet By Brant Braun | Wallet Card Magic! - YouTube

I just bought 3 cases of wine. If there are any wine lovers near Cincinnati I have a good connection that is selling quality wine at excellent prices.

What sort of wine did you buy?

Several varieties. All Spanish.

i know one of the colleges has graduation this weekend. I suggest set up a “lemonade” stand

I do like Spanish wine. Let me know if you see any from Ribero del Duero.

Yes, I got some Ribera today. They had some interesting selections from Bodegas Lopez Cristobal

That is interesting. It gets some good reviews on cellar tracker but it seems to be hard to find in the US (unless you’re in Cincinnati :slight_smile: )

Some new sneakers. These should be fun this summer.

2 Likes

Bought a hat tree - because, I have a lot of hats (not caps - well a lot of those too)

2 Likes

I bought a TV mounting bracket that’s designed for “over the mantle”. It pulls out and down from its “away” position.

Next up, the TV. Maybe a sound bar.

A little annoyed that a new over the air standard is coming real soon, but most TVs don’t yet understand it. I can buy a TV that has atsc 3.0, but it’s a lot more expensive, and I’ll probably do better getting an aftermarket adapter in a couple of years.

I haven’t heard about this :tfh: & :popcorn:

:iat :tfh: & :popcorn: :

1 Like

But it looks like i can probably get a converter box when i need it

And that’s a lot less than the surcharge to get an ATSC 3.0 enabled TV today.

1 Like

Other than the Boston marathon, I can’t think of a single thing I watch in a given year from my local stations, and certainly not anything I need to watch in 4k. And honestly, even for the marathon I just drive a couple miles to Wellesley and watch it in person.

I watch the presidential debates and the Olympics on broadcast TV. The Olympics not because i care about watching in real time, but because I’m cheap and don’t want to pay.

I sometimes watch other “news” on broadcast TV.

I don’t need 4k. But if they actually switch over, i don’t want to bed a new TV to watch from my antenna.

My husband wants this, and his birthday isn’t until January, so I’ll probably get it for Father’s Day, even though it won’t ship until August.

2 Likes

Wellesley once b’oy.
There’s a Wellesley here locally, it’s very much an old order mennonite town. Whenever someone metnions the town, everyone says ‘wellesley once b’oy’. I’ve no idea why, or what that means.
I do know that it’s important when you say it though, to pronounce each syllable distinctly, with a german accent. Well-ess’-lee.

Wellesley, MA is only two syllables.