I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

A) i was referencing trying to be inclusive, its pretty much impossible to keep everyone happy in those environments and
B) i dont follow the rules on posting.

2 Likes

I don’t think being inclusive means trying to make everyone happy, it means trying to rotate who is happy and make sure all groups are not always the ones asked to sacrifice their comfort. It also means shaping policies and rules around different needs, which we haven’t been great at, historically.

I got a proof of the labels, gah, so cute.

8 Likes

New dewalt drill. Last one died running the auger while ice fishing.
Crappy Tire (Canadian hardware store) had like three versions. One with toolbag and battery for $129. One with toolbag and two batteries reg $299, on for $149. And one with only the tool for $169. I asked the staff what the difference was between the three drills (model numbers were basically only off by a digit). They proceeded to read me the same description three times. Gee, thanks for that. I already read that on the website, which is why I asked a person.

1 Like

So which one did you buy?

Got my first win on a pair of Dunks!!!

win, as in you have to bid on them? (my daughter offered to explain that site to me and i declined as a cheap actuary)

Win as in I got drawn out to be able to buy a pair. They aren’t that expensive ($110), but they make very limited stock (14,000 nationwide for this model). When they release they basically take orders and then fill them with random drawings. I think for the pair I got they probably had around 200,000 entries in total, but of course I am only competing with those wanting a size 11. I have entered approximately 20-30 different drawings for SB dunks since joining SNKRS and had not been drawn till this pair.

1 Like

Is this the cost to get a “ticket”? Or just the amount you’ve agreed to pay if you’re name is drawn?

I wonder how much time they give you to pony up the $$ in the latter situation.

Then what do you do with them?

Asking for a friend.

Auction them off on eBay with starting price of $250.

3 Likes

Nick has posted before that he is a huge sneakerhead and maybe even posted pics of his shoe collection. it is extensive.

Well, that doesn’t really answer my question.

wears them here and there and stores them on a wall of shoes that seem more or less the same?

1 Like

Makes sense because otherwise the extroverted actuary is going to get sick of looking at the same set of sneakers all the time

2 Likes

The Imelda Marcos Memorial Wall?

3 Likes

Still alive afaik

But what is the status of her . . . “footwear”?

1 Like

That’s the cost of the shoe. I just have my PayPal account on file with Nike. When the shoes release you agree to buy them if your name gets drawn. In reality you can cancel within 24 hours if you change your mind, but Dunks can always be resold for more than $110 or traded with someone who has a color you like better.

Wear them when they match my outfit? I’m not a reseller or a collector. I wear all my sneakers. Never wear them 2 days in a row, but wear them all at least once every 45 days or so. Keeps them in good shape. They will dry rot if you just keep them in the box and never wear them. The moisture from your feet kind of preserve them in a way.

I also don’t buy super exclusive stuff. I don’t like Jordan’s except for 1’s because I like the swoosh a lot and Jordans don’t have it. That’s the main design feature I like about Nike’s. My favorites are Air Max 90’s, Air Force 1’s, Jordan 1 Low’s, Dunks, and Air Max BW’s.