I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

that’s how it used to be in my house. the range was generally 69-74. Occasionally it would get a bug and set itself to like 62-67, and we’d all end up freezing and I’d yell that someone touched it but everyone would deny, as they always do. But somehow now it’s fixed at 71 all the time. I don’t know what happened to reset the thermostat away from a range and to a fixed number, and frankly, at this point I’m too comfortable to worry about it, so, there ya go.

Install a wifi thermostat that allows you to lock everyone else out?

Or get one of these bad boys for $20.

1 Like

That’s pretty much my house, although different rooms are different temperatures, so it’s more like 68-74 in the winter, and 72-78 in the summer.

And leave the key in it to make it easier for you to make necessary changes.

[/red_font]
:wink:

2 Likes

Apparently I inflated this price in my head. Still ridiculously expensive but only about half of what I was thinking.

Here’s the results. Pink/blue frame with the before & after is for my office. That one was a bit more expensive than the 2nd one.

2 Likes

I like the second one a lot. The frame (color/matteness) really suits it.

Both turned out great. The pictures don’t necessarily do the 1st justice. It is an incredible shift. I enjoyed it unframed but my wife was unhappy with it. The frame really makes the color pop though and she’s willing to let me display it now. It was was a suggestion by the person at the frame shop too.

1 Like

My take: the frame actually helps draw you into the picture without dominating the view.

That is, you SEE the picture, not the frame or other background stuff (like what’s on the far wall in that top picture).

My take: having gone to the University of Illinois, I automatically see the frame as orange and blue.

I like it.

1 Like

Love the top one and the frame. Well done!!

I ordered this to make low sodium banana bread: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01G9IS5V2?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Orange, yellow, and blue are my three favorite colors so I love it too.

I am making enough quilts for people in the coming months, I bought a bunch of personalized labels to sew on them, with my name on the front and the care instructions on the back. They’re super cute.

3 Likes

When I worked at an insurance HO, I had the maintenance guy tell me he gets a call to visit a cube-dweller about the temperature. He goes up, and they tell him it’s too hot. Meanwhile the person in the very next cube is complaining it’s too cold.

1 Like

That’s certainly possible depending on the time of day and the sun. I’ve had portions of my cube be too hot while other portions were simultaneously too cold.

It’s hard to keep all parts of a large building at a constant temperature.

That said, if A wants it to be 75 and B wants it to be 65… about all you can do is try to move A to the warmer part of the floor and B to the colder part of the floor. And that’s complicated by a gazillion other factors. Not least of which is that the “warm part” and “cold part” can change throughout the day as the sun moves.

I used to work in an office where all the private offices were around the windows, and the cubes were in the inner part of the building, so I didn’t see the sun at work until I got promoted to the level where I got an office. Which was nice, because I had the sun for warmth and also a thermostat.

Now I work for a company that does the opposite; all the offices are in the inner part of the building, so they don’t get windows, and the cubes have some access to natural light. And it’s much harder to qualify for an office at this company, and I don’t. I think it’s better this way, at least if I’m going to be freezing my ass off every day, I have a nice view.

That’s going to happen, which is why I am an advocate of allowing space heaters and heated blankets in offices.

I’m not totally clear on how the response is linked to the part of my post you quoted.

One company I worked for designed their building so that the corner with the best view (beautiful view of Mt. Rainer) was a conference room on every floor. (Rainier 1, Rainier 2, etc.) That way all employees had a shot of enjoying the amazing view. Of course execs spent more time in meetings than others, but still, anyone could book the conference rooms. It was a nice idea.

3 Likes

I was in a building once where most offices had windows, cubes did not. My boss had an office and due to some quirk in the HVAC system, the Facilities team could not figure out how to keep it comfortable. All I remember is it would be about 58° in the morning and he’d often wear gloves (not great for typing), and by the afternoon it would be close to 80° in there.

After a lot of fiddling with the HVAC, they did reduce the temp swings but it remained a terrible office.

1 Like

It’s amazing how often I have nine-hour conference calls that need to be taken (tooken? heeded? headed?) in the conference room.