I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

OK.
Just wanted a gauge on how crazy you are.

How long will your shoes last?

I wear black shoes, as they will always match what I’m wearing. (At least, to the degree I need them to be.)

Long time. I have about 30-35 pairs so they only see 20-30 wears a year for my favorites. I usually just give them away when I stop wearing them. If a super comfy pair get’s dirty I use it as my kind of “work” shoes I might wear to do more physical labor in. Stuff like church work days or volunteer work. Stuff like that. I use old golf shoes to mow in. They have great traction on grass and they’re waterproof.

1 Like

:popcorn:

2 Likes

To help your plants thrive, play “classical” music for them*, but not “classics” like ZZ Top.

*like a fallen over two level bed, this has been debunked.

I completely agree! Adding plants to your space can not only add aesthetic value but also provide several health benefits. Indoor plants can help purify the air by removing harmful pollutants, increase humidity levels, and boost oxygen levels. Additionally, studies have shown that having plants in your workspace or home can improve mood, reduce stress, and enhance productivity.

There are many different types of indoor plants to choose from, including low-maintenance options like spider plants, snake plants, and pothos. These plants are relatively easy to care for and can thrive in a range of indoor environments.

If you’re interested in adding plants to your space, I would recommend doing some research on the types of plants that would be best suited for your specific needs and environment. Additionally, consider factors like the amount of sunlight and water the plant will need and make sure to provide the proper care and maintenance to keep your plants healthy and vibrant.

They got to you.

I like to play along :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Is this ChatGPT, or are you maybe going to edit this post to tell me where to buy high quality machine screws in a couple of days? :rofl:

3 Likes

Chatgpt, but, yes, Frattalone’s Ace hardware is my go to first stop for all of my hardware needs. They’re friendly and helpful and convenient.

1 Like

I’m an Ace fan, with my old house I’m there almost weekly. If I shop there any more I’m going to have to start mailing them Christmas cards.

1 Like

Sadly, the best local hardware store had a fire, and they decided to close instead of rebuilding.

2 Likes

I have been using Bose soundsport earbuds—the ones connected with a wire but they are bluetooth—for several years.

I have a habit of losing them or a dog chewing them, plus I like a backup to be charged for days when I’m listening a lot.

I’m down to this one right now, so I went to buy some and they seem to have been discontinued!

I have read that other earbuds are better quality but I usually can’t tell the difference. These, however, are WAY better than the $20 “HeyDay” version I bought at Target last night.

I know that if I go with the separate ear pod thingies I will lose them. I can’t even keep track of these!

Suggestions?

The high-end Beats I think are overpriced, but you can get some with the connecting wire that you want for like $50-$75. I had a set for years and they never gave me any trouble, and then I lost them.

I’m currently using Sony, I have a set of the big cans (WH-1000XM3) and also the wireless ear buds (WF-1000-XM3). Occasionally the buds are a little wonky with Bluetooth connectivity but they are solid 97% of the time. It appears they make a set with the wire you want that connects the two.

1 Like

Great. Thank you.

Eta Just ordered some Sony’s. The cord appears more flexible like the Bose.

Buying some of these bad boys today because I would like to continue operating my automobile safely in wet weather.

Which tire are you getting? I think you’re in a slightly warmer climate than me, I’ve been eyeballing the new CrossClimate tire for my wife’s Mazda. It gets solid reviews and is rated for severe snow so it should be a winner in the colder months.

I’ve got Goodyear… something or other… on my Chevy now. They’re my first set of severe snow rated all seasons and they’re good enough that I’ve stopped using dedicated winter tires.

I’ve never had a pair of ear buds last me long because I’d always lose them. I have very small ears that they don’t stay in without an around-the-ear component, which didn’t help. Standard apple headphones pop out of my ears, for example. I’ve even bought the headphones with several different sizes for the ear insert, and the smallest is always too big.

Then I got a pair of beats Powerbeats pro, and I don’t know if it’s because of the luxury cost or the fact that they don’t fall out of my ears, or that their case is also a charger (so they always go in there instead of lying around), or maybe the fact that the around the ear part makes them physically larger and thus harder to lose, but I’ve had them for two years without issue. And the sound quality is definitely better than the cheap headphones I had used for years.

1 Like

That’s what I got. Quiet and lot’s of grip on the road. Sounds like the right tire for a lot of folks. I like the grip talk as I enjoy using adaptive cruise control so making sure the car sticks to the road as expected has become more important to me. I will let you know how it goes. Picking it back up this afternoon at some point.

1 Like

Finally got a dashcam, the vantrue n4. Turns out our Pacifica doesn’t have an interior fusebox to hardwire into, so we can’t rely on it working when the car is parked (one of the smaller reasons we had bought it), but our car is parked in a garage 99% of the time anyhow.

Not sure how I feel about having the inside of the car recorded, but the video is all self-contained and won’t be reviewed unless there is a reason to, so I can keep belting out my 90’s pop music when I drive alone.

3 Likes

Waynes World GIF - Waynes World Mike Myers Car - Discover & Share GIFs

6 Likes